Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

money pit build LS cammed blazed

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020 | 11:32 PM
|
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road
Default money pit build LS cammed blazed

well i see nobody has really posted a build thread in a while,i took tons of pictures a long the way but,i took so many i deleted them,i told a guy on here a while back i would post something so i guess i will,this is going to be a long thread,boring to some,but im bored right now so,i guess were all in this together haha,i joke a lot,like 90 % of the time.so my story,i had a 96 s10 in 96 then i got air bags,one of the first around my city,from a friend,whos on tv now,tx metal.then i got hurt at work lost my job took my retirement money and swapped a LT1 from a vette,it was fast,so i wanted to do one more swap.
i had a sports car,super clean,paid off with 12,000 miles on it,carmax gave me 15,000. for it so i had this blazer for the swap.
i knew i wanted a 5 speed like last time,because its just fun.the only one i could find was white,ive never owned a white vehicle,its weird,but i dont have to wash it lol
so i got one,the inside was nasty,so i gutted it the first day.i put over 100 lbs of sound deadener in this thing top to bottom and side to side for my stereo
theres a company on ebay that sells carpet kits for cheap i have one in my truck too,i got black carpet for my blazer.

i found a super clean low milage 6.0 LS truck engine out of a 2011 silverado 2500 hd then i got a texas speed and performance cam stage 1
so in the beginning i was going to pay someone to do this,so he took the 4.3 out and sat the 6.0 in it and well thats it,then it sat 3 months so i went and got it,and im glad because theres so much that needed to be changed along the way like the truck intake,it was so tall that it hit the heater core so i had to buy a LS3 intake,which lead to having to buy all kinds of stuff,brackets for power steering,alt,ac,and so on,it looks super good,ive never worked on a Ls engine but i did every single nut and bolt on this all by myself,just from researching online and you tube.

cool thing about ls engines is you can spin the cam then put some sticks in it and it holds the valves up lol

getting ready to swap springs which btw sucked really bad with the tool i was using omg,it sucked,the springs are double so their super stiff.sorry dont have a picture,i spent a ton of time beating in under the cab so nothing would hit,and lots of cutting on the core support i was paranoid of over heating so i got the biggest radiator i could get with bad a$$ fans and a shroud.omg im leaving so much out.everything fought me every step of the way man i swear and doing it alone in a garage thats super hot and in the deep woods so not a breeze at all,i have fans but they blow hot air.a really good company to use for all of this is called current performance they make everything you need and well you really do need it.

heres a chunk of money but i literally only had to soldier is that spelt right,just 4 wires for my two fans and thats it,so just plug and play,it was the easiest part ,well to me it was.i had to drop the gas tank mines in the rear which im glad because it will put weight to the rear wheels,im going with 373 gears.i had hell with headers because i did not want to go with polyurthane motor mounts and have the whole dash vibrating.

theres two types of pilot bearings,one is small and goes deep inside then theres a bigger on that goes in the front,i went with that one,whic isnt in the picture,that flywheel wasnt cheap and weighed like 30 lbs and about killed me holding it up above my head and putting bolts in,i didnt buy a single thing from ebay on this deal because i wanted it to be dependable and to last,the next thing oh god im hating it now but its supposed to be awesome after you drive it 500 miles.next slide please,WAKE UP!!!

this damn thing here,spec clutch,when your in 1st or reverse it chatters like theres a friggin earth quake,it sucks bad,but it even says it on the manual and i called them and people online said the same thing BUT they never went back and said how it turned out after it was broke in,thats what gets old when trying to figure something out and people dont come back and say well it turned out to be this,you know,so anyways and guys this is the super short version.being a chevy small block guy these ls engines are a trip,the header bolts are tiny and short and break,yea i did one and had to remove the head,and i guess i can take the time to tell you my story,i have degenerate disc disease and i worked out side my whole life so i first blew 2 discs in my lower back at age 28,age 31 working another job,i blew 2 in my neck,it felt like lightning went down my arms to my hands,i was like wtf just happened it was so bad i had to have a fusion,and thats no good,a piece of metal in your neck makes the other disc's weak,so at my next job which i thought was easy i blew every single discs in my neck,

so while doing all this work,i was hurting,i would work 2 or 3 hrs in the morn and same in the eve,well my elbows started hurting from torquing bolts and using pry bars and stuff,so i just put icey hot patches on them and kept going,well after about 2 or 3 months i went to the dr and he said oh you have tennis elbows,which means your supposed to stop doing what your doing asap,i didnt know this,so im sitting here almost a year later and my elbows are killing me,but it had to get done.next slide dummy.

stereo,im a bass head but i also love sound quality,so heres some sealed doors for 8 inch dayton audio mids which dont even belong in a car,im running fully active so i can use all kinds of weird cheap speakers and it sounds amazing,no passive cross overs,its all tuned by me on my head unit.im running a pioneer dex99-prs head unit gone tweeterless dont need them and i just threw some 4 inch wide banders up in the stock dash location,they are 4 inch faitalpros and i have dead center stage from both seats which is rare and hard to do,most people would kill for that,secret is buy a vehicle without a center console that goes all the way up to the dash,it blocks sounds,duh.so fiberglass work,you build your baffle,get it where you want it then wrap it in fleece then fiberglass it,im sure yall know this,ok next picture

ok heres the fleece now just apply fiberglass then bondo then i like to mix both and pour it inside i call it a milkshake,it will hold water when your done,i follow this guy in europe he's big time into sq,and his builds are amazing and he actually pours water in his enclosures to measure volume haha kindal **** huh lol he cut a square hole in the floor in the back of his car and has two 18's firing down in it,its called infinite baffle but on a whole other scale,the dude wins all kinds of contests all over europe.anyways yall still awake ? im barely its late.sorry i dont have any pics of them finnished but they sound amazing i did the same thing in my truck.ok lets go big

top of the line,SUNDOWN AUDIO NSV4 NIGHTSHADE 18 INCH SUB its going in the back of the blazer,im glad they came up with this neo magnet because if it was the old kind it would be over 100 lbs,i think its like 60 or 70 im not sure.

the two 12's in the back are x 12's and they weigh 75 each,they hit hard,deep,low,loud you only need one,im going to get rid of this stuff this year plus i have 3 more 8's not in the picture

this is going in the back behind the seats and i made it theft proof,bolts and trick nuts on the back,this is whats going to power the 18 which is a 3000 watt sub so its going to laugh at this amp haha this is a thousand dollar amp but if you know how to do it i paid 350 for it.hint,these stereo forums are full of audiophiles which are people that care more about the equipment than the music so they buy something and try it once or sometimes never then sell it for super cheap.

BAP big a$$ ports co. its a 8 inch port it comes apart so you can use what you need

well ok ive put you guys threw hell,so i guess i will show you what you came to see i guess i dont know haha maybe your as bored as me right now,ok,so here it is,dyno tuned 384 hp to the tires 344 torq to the tires with a 5 speed manual and a hurst short throw shifter,373 gears suspension work for cornering lowered just enough not slammed,my build the silverado L96 6.0 stage 1 cam

annnnndddd thats all the pics i have for now guys.

Old 12-24-2020 | 02:41 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice and clean install.

Old 12-24-2020 | 06:37 AM
|
Beginning Member

thanks man,thank you,i wired it up and fired it up myself which made me feel pretty good you know,i fired it up june 8th,and its just been sitting,i just got it pro tuned this month,it fought me every step of the way,i had a towe truck take me and the blazer across town to get it tuned,we pulled up at this place and im talking high scale nice fancy upscale shop,with new vette's,camaro's and caddy's all with racing slicks making probably a thousand or more horse power and we come pulling up with my old blazer and i didnt even want to go inside,but i had three people look at it and tell me nice install man.so that made me feel better

Old 12-24-2020 | 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Thats a nice build, looking foward to seeing more of her... real nice and clean install.

My that was a read tho lol, don't read myself, but I read the whole thing lol...

Old 12-24-2020 | 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Nice work!! Kinda makes me wish I would have kept my blazer longer and did the LS swap I was planning but at least I get to do it on my 63 now lol!

Old 12-24-2020 | 11:17 PM
|
Beginning Member

haha sorry Don yea i said this is going to be a long story,thanks for reading and thanks guys for the compliments,all i can say is that was the short short short version,EVERYTHING went wrong for me along the way lol hell im still working out the bugs but thats the normal.i tend to write a lot because i like talking to people so i guess i type a lot too i will do better on other posts lol maybe

Old 12-25-2020 | 10:54 AM
|
Beginning Member

merry christmas,i got a set of shiny new red tail lights for christmas from amazon and i was going to put those suckers on today but wouldnt you know,i opened one and it was smashed from shipping.damn,well guess a nap sounds good too huh lol

Old 12-25-2020 | 11:21 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Darn!! Hope everything is good with you and the family! Merry Christmas

Old 12-27-2020 | 01:29 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Nice Build!!

Old 12-28-2020 | 08:46 PM
|
Beginning Member

thanks guys,yea christmas was the normal here.hope everyone else had a good one,with snow haha i wish it would snow here,its been super cold but thats it.

Quick Reply: money pit build LS cammed blazed