Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

money pit build LS cammed blazed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 11:16 PM
Beginning Member
plcrides is on a distinguished road

hey blazer dudes,just a quick question,my heater defrost and stuff is working,the hvac rubber hose was dry rotted like so many ive seen,damn what type of rubber did they use ? so i put a new piece and found the secret hiding place to hook it up to the nipple in the fender now im curious since it runs on vacuum.can i just plug the hose ive ran to the side of my intake,if you look at the last picture of my engine,
on the drivers side of the intake right behind the throttle body you will see a nipple that i now have plugged off,will this work ?

Old 03-16-2021, 11:03 PM
Beginning Member

oooook,dont worry about it i will figure it out,next up.
im swapping my s10 grill out for a gmc,i bought a set of really cool gmc one piece head lights,i like the idea of the one piece
and the gmc grils have always been my favorite i have a 1995 gmc z71 but anyways i got the grill and then i went to this website that sells a bunch of different styles of mesh,so i picked a cool black mesh grill insert,all i have to do is take my drimmel tool and do some cutting then use goop glue over night and wa-la instant coolness,but i need to get it painted first,
next question i had to buy a bumper cover,so
((((( does anyone know if gmc bumpers are the same as blazer bumpers in the front ? )))))))
the person that owned the blazer before me hit something so the grill is busted up,the bumper is dented and pushed up a little bit,so im hoping if i push it down and then cover it up with the gmc bumper cover i will be in business,so i will only have to get the two pieces painted which isnt much.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:59 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

They are different bumpers, blazers are flat across, while the gmc go up abit under each headlight, you can use the blazer bumper, but will have a gap under your lights.

If you where to put the sonoma bumper on a blazer,those same spots would hit the blazers signal lights.

Edit:

You should be good to keep the metal part of the blazer bumper and put on the gmc skin bumper over, but might have to cut the ends off

Old 03-20-2021, 06:56 AM
Beginning Member

yea i bought the one piece gmc head lights already and the center small grill that im going to cut and apply black mesh
my blazer bumper is dented real bad in the center and pushed out some on the drivers side i dont think i can straighten it,

so if i buy a gmc jimmy bumper will it bolt up to the blazer brackets and then the gmc bumper cover should attach and fit right ?
thanks man.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:40 AM
BF Veteran

Let me see if I got pics still of when I had to rebuild the wifes front end.

The bumper itself should bolt up to the blazer bumper.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:50 AM
BF Veteran

Wou will need to either trim the blazer bumper or use the steel piece from a gmc. I couldn't find the pics of the piece off of the truck, but you can see what I mean about the ends of the steel bumper compared to the blazer bumper.

Dont mind the dent. But you can see the reinforcement bar is shorter then the blazer bumper.

Gmc bumper sits over blazer signals

Old 03-20-2021, 11:04 PM
Beginning Member

hey thanks bro,yea the gmc is shorter on each end and might have some holes in it to attach this new gmc bumper cover,
my blazer bumper doesnt have any holes to bolt it on that i know of,so the gmc bumper cover will be here tuesday so i will take a look
gmc bumpers dont cost that much,like 65.00 on ebay but i forgot to check shipping haha its probably a hundred bucks lol, i will do some looking around if thats the case.like carid.or some where.
thanks again for your help.

i went for a test drive the other day,i live out in the country so im on the back roads,i was hot rodding around and when i pulled back up at the house and got out i looked and my drivers side head light was hanging down flapping in the wind haha i was like oh thats real cool looking,damn

Last edited by plcrides; 03-20-2021 at 11:06 PM.