Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My Blazer Codename Samantha

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Where in NY do you live? O.o That looks about right around the block from me...

Oh and killer truck!

Last edited by CNYCountryKidd; 12-16-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: edit
Old 12-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

@CNY:
Thanks. I live in NYC.

@Old skool and Sisk:
I wasn't sure of the image post limit, so I put them as links. I'll be sure to update them and put them all as imagines very soon.

@RangerG:
Thanks man. I had figured that the billet grille would have been so subtle of a change, that it would go by unnoticed, but in all honesty, I think it flares the truck alot more then you would think. I put 10,000K HIDs because I had been told by a good friend they were great. LOL I paid $50 for the set, which is great in itself. I bought from HIDExtra here on this webpage. I bought the shocks from shockwarehouse and used the discount code I found. Discount codes FTW.

I'm looking into 4.10s for the gear change, both front and back. I've owned the truck for 6 months now. It still has tiny things that need patching up, but its been great in terms of performance and usage. It just seems to get up and go. My only issue has been the idler arm has been weak from what I can see. In the 6 months, I've had it replaced twice. All the joints and everything seem to work fine. I just think its the horribly paved roads here in my section of NYC.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by odfareal
@Old skool and Sisk:
I wasn't sure of the image post limit, so I put them as links. I'll be sure to update them and put them all as imagines very soon.
Nope, no limit to the number. Although if you're posting a lot of images (like you have) general rule of thumb is to post a warning in the thread title. Something like "warning: pic heavy" or just "pic heavy". That way those with slower internet or slower computers won't blow up! lol.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice truck! There actually is a limit of 50 images per post IIRC. No one should need to post more than that in a single post...

Old 12-17-2009, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmm, didn't know about the 50 limit. Sorry for the false info . But in reality, 50 pics ine one post? just not needed. You only have a total of 25 in your post, so you're only halfway there.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I think that is the limit... Could be something lower... I remember asking to get it increased because it was something like 20 which was too low IMO.

BTW odfareal, I reformatted your original post in this thread to display the automatic thumbnails that photobucket creates and link to the full res shots. Makes pages with a lot of images load MUCH quicker and cuts down on your photobucket bandwidth usage if you have a free account!

Old 12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

"here comes Kyle to save the day."

Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Sorry to bug ya, but question about the grille. Did you buy it off ebay? If so, do you happen to have the sellers' name.

There are so many on there, I want to get one that I know someone has, so I know that the quality is up to par, ect.

One more thing. How do you like the chrome door handles? Easy to install? They are another thing I am wanting to get.

Along with the same headlights with different signals lol. I promise I had these ideas before!!

Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Beginning Member
odfareal is on a distinguished road

@RangerG
I bought the grill a while back, but here's the info:
Billet Grill from e-shoppingcart:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILLE...Q5fAccessories
That seems to be the only one he has... but I probably overlooked it.

The chrome door handles were good. I had to buy a 3 set... It had 2 handles and the rear hatch. The problem was it was for the S10, and it has a slightly different hear hatch handle then the Blazer, so I couldn't use the 3rd handle, only the 2 door handles. I installed them in the 4 minutes I was waiting in the front of my daughter's school to pick them up. LOL So yeah, they are ridiculously easy and I've had them on since before I even had the truck painted.

The headlights were pretty good. When I wired them, I accidentally wired them up to the signal cable, not the parking cable, so when I signal, the ring blinks. LOL I'm too lazy to change this, as I don't see it as anything major that needs to be fixed. Its just a bit more unique like that. I bought the headlights and the signal lights as a set. I've seen better headlights since then. CCFL are the type of rings you are going to want. The ones I have aren't CCFL, they are just fabricated rings, so they aren't bright during the day, only at night.

@swartlkk - thanks for the first post update.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:21 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

very cool

How much were the ceramic brakes?