Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My (On Going) Blazer Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road
Default My (On Going) Blazer Project

Well, here it is. My blazer just starting out in the stages of transformation. This last weekend I put a BDS long add-a-leaf in the rear and cranked the torsion bars up in the front. Attached is a picture of before (top) and after (bottom) the add-a-leaf was put in. Sorry if it is hard to tell, but there is a couple inch difference in the way that it sits. And those are stock tires (235/70R15) on there now. Now that is done, I need to put lower ball joints in and a new idler arm before I get an alignment. The bad part about that is, I am now busy working on the farm and will not have time for those until this winter probably. (Besides I could use a new set of tires anyway ) And also I am going to put a hitch on this winter, along with a flowmaster (I hope). And then to top it all off, it needs a brush guard to finish off the look I think.

The worst part is, all of this will probably take a while...as the title states it is an on going project

Attached Thumbnails My (On Going) Blazer Project-before_after_a.jpg  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I can def see a difference there, nice job!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
I can def see a difference there, nice job!
Thanks! Wish me luck on the rest of it! lol

Old 10-13-2011, 07:41 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Good Luck!

Dumb question.. Did that add a leaf give that extra height?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by FsTFwRd
Good Luck!

Dumb question.. Did that add a leaf give that extra height?
Yeah, the add-a-leaf gave me the extra height in the rear. And I did the tbar crank in the front. I got a BDS long add-a-leaf for mine. Works great for height, but the ride is about rock solid now. The reason I got it was for towing, but the extra height is a well wanted bonus!

EDIT: Well, my worst fears have been realized. Got under the Blazer today after changing the oil to grease the front end and found out that after the tbar crank my cv joint boots have slipped enough to throw grease everywhere...great...well I guess that comes with the territory

EDIT 2.0: Finally got my Blazer back and I am so happy!!! New CV axles and the Blazer wasn't actually lowered much in the front, which I may actually lower it a little more just to make sure that the CV fiasco doesn't happen again...

Last edited by 99LS4x4ryanlw; 10-20-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: New developments since last post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Starting Member

Well not that anyone cares since it is such a little mod, yesterday I installed side window vents on the blazer and ordered a Curt hitch. Hope the hitch will be in early enough today for me to pick up! Can't believe I waited so long for things that are so simple...

Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Starting Member

Just got the hitch put in today. Whoever said about a 30 min installation apparently hasn't worked on a 13 year old vehicle that has been through NW Ohio winters for all that time and that the stock bolts had loctite put on them....uh huh....a half and hour....yeah sure, whatever they say, but I'm glad I did it. Pics if someone wants them of the vents and/or hitch even though it is pretty obvious what they look like

Old 04-09-2012, 08:50 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

You can take those clamps off the cv boots, and replace them with screw tight hose clamps, the hold tighter than the cv clamps do and they wont pop off as easy.

Window vents are always one of my first mods. I find they suck cig smoke out much better. I always color match mine.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ohsofly
You can take those clamps off the cv boots, and replace them with screw tight hose clamps, the hold tighter than the cv clamps do and they wont pop off as easy.

Window vents are always one of my first mods. I find they suck cig smoke out much better. I always color match mine.
Honestly I had thought about doing the hose clamps, but I have my eye on a front axle from one of my buds that I think I can get fairly cheep, so I can live with it the way it is for now. Because actually my bars cranked all the way my CV's were binding some, which isn't good regardless if the boot says on or comes off...

Old 07-19-2015, 09:38 AM
Starting Member

So after some time away, a few different things have been done to my Blazer. Yesterday a buddy of mine helped me take the pin striping off the fenders and doors and also most of my bumper stickers (except the 4x4 in the back side windows). I also put new headlight bulbs in from headlightbulbs.com. I got to drive a little with them last night, but do not have any pics of how they look now. I may end up getting pics of that tonight. While I had the grille out to replace the bulbs, I also took my bowtie out and painted it black. In the picture, the blue tint of my new bulbs are faintly visible from that angle. More pictures to come

Attached Thumbnails My (On Going) Blazer Project-012eb70d-7755-4e21-bf93-3a6815b22451.jpg  

Quick Reply: My (On Going) Blazer Project