Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My Pontiac Sunflower Project (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road
Default My Pontiac Sunflower Project (lots of pics)

Well some of you know a bit about this build from another forum. Its a 96 Pontiac Sunfire GT. I bought it stock last April for $1000. Heres what it looked like when I bought it.

I wanted to make a nice low budget daily driver so I started working on it a bit. First thing was the body work to get rid of some dings and dents and to shave the ugly factory wing. Also the previous owner burnt the clear while buffing the car.

[IMG]
Wing is gone

Then came paint, midnight black metallic with a touch of dark blue flake.

Tails were tinted aswell

After that came the wheels and suspension: 2001 Z24 wheels painted black and gold and a set of Eibach springs and KYB AGX struts. 1.5" drop all around.

Then came the interior. Fabric seats were reupholstered in leather and door panels were wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl. Also fiberglassed the rear deck

Then a few weeks ago the head gasket decided to go, so decided to buy a performance head for it. Ported and polished, 3 angle valve job, 1mm oversized stainless valves. Only pic of the head. Motor is all back together. Just need to put the rest of the mess back on. Also bought a ton of replacement parts while I had the engine apart. Love how cheap, parts are for this thing.

Thats where is stands at this time. Tint is coming this spring so are new wheels and tires. Its a great dd, really good on gas and it has some nice pep to it.

Last edited by Unlimitedsp; 01-18-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:37 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I forgot about this project lol. Didn't you have this up on the former GMTF? I seem to remember it. Nice progress though. I love the rims.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:42 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Looks good so far. I gotta agree on the rims, they look awesome!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

That is a sweet sunflower

Old 01-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

thanks. these rims will be winter wheels. Im picking up a new set of wheels and tires in the spring. Ive been looking at getting gloss black with yellow lip. What you guys think.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:18 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I personally prefer a chrome lip, but yellow would look good. How much was it to have the interior re-upholstered? I want to re-do mine in leather, too.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:13 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Very nice build

Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Yellow lip would look sick

Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
Yellow lip would look sick
x2!! Those rims in the photochop look awesome.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Me gusto mucho! Really digging the progress man. I'd love to do something like this.

Quick Reply: My Pontiac Sunflower Project (lots of pics)