Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 09 Jetta build

Old 04-23-2017, 04:28 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

now that is a good score! Hell yeah

Old 04-24-2017, 08:47 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Looks like you struck craigslist gold.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I've been collecting a massive pile of audio gear for a couple months now and today I finally started working on a layout for the false floor. This won't be the wood I use when I actually build it since MDF will just die but I wanted something cheap and easy to work with for the design. Here will be the general layout.

Name:  8KRg1jq.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  420.0 KB

Name:  xuNX8iD.jpg
Size:  1.09 MB

There will be three fuse blocks coming off of the power distribution block so each 4awg amp lead will have a separate fuse as well as the main 0awg line at the battery. I currently have one of the fuses installed in my car so I had to use a lid from one for this visual sorry...

Name:  kHmvTsB.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  875.1 KB

Name:  PYNPrP3.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  1.02 MB

The board will be raised about an inch so I can run all of my wires under it and have them pop out right where they need to at each terminal and then stay nice and hidden and organized underneath as well as having all the speaker wires terminated at distro blocks under the front of the false floor so if I ever need to remove everything it will be a matter of undoing some screws at some terminal blocks and the power wires at the distro blocks for a quick easy removal or install!

Name:  Ht1e9y9.jpg
Size:  872.7 KB

And no pics but there will be a floor built above the amps that will be hinged so it can easily lift up to view the amps and things but I will still be able to use my floor as a trunk. I will be building in some venting as probably some fans to help with cooling as well but I don't have those details worked out yet.

Last edited by rexmburns; 05-18-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Some details of what will be going in...
3 JL HD amps
600/4 bridged for the front 3 ways
600/4 for the rear doors
750/1 for the sub
Name:  WnECXh3.jpg
Size:  36.8 KB

The front doors will get Hertz Mille Pro 6.5", 4" and tweeter 3 ways and the rear doors will get matching Mille Pro 5.25" and tweeter 2 ways (I just got the rears so no pic yet)

Name:  qhJQLVy.jpg
Size:  530.4 KB

Sub will be a Sundown X-8 in a really nice ported box (this thing is a beast for an 8"!)
Name:  rmvFB7G.jpg
Size:  67.8 KB

Name:  Gz8mvmr.jpg
Size:  905.9 KB

XS Power D4800 battery which is a Group Size up from the factory battery (already installed)
Name:  IBydGRy.jpg
Size:  967.7 KB

Name:  xQCrJgK.jpg
Size:  725.2 KB

A bunch of sound deadening for the doors, floors and trunk. I have started applying some of this and for half the cost of the big name deadeners I will continue to buy this stuff forever!!

Name:  QV4BayQ.jpg
Size:  542.9 KB

Some of the odds and ends for a clean install including wire ferrules and terminals for all wire ends and lots of TechFlex to wrap all the wires in for protection and clean appearance. I was originally planning on running a single 5 channel JL amp before I got the 3 HD's so I have added a bunch of things since these pics including a bunch of 0awg KnuKoncepts OFC power and ground wire and little odds and ends to go with the new plan.

Name:  1I25cNQ.jpg
Size:  615.5 KB

Also the brand new JL RD900/5 in this pic is for sale if anyone is interested!

Name:  nr3ZCkG.jpg
Size:  1.02 MB

Old 05-18-2018, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

I've also done some other things over the last year so I will update those now.
I did an projector retrofit along with adding the honeycomb grills and fog lights.

Name:  El36uim.jpg
Size:  739.6 KB

Name:  AqlKxU3.jpg
Size:  880.8 KB

Name:  8Ks1nXs.jpg
Size:  846.9 KB

Added a GTI steering wheel since mine was destroyed when I got the car.

Name:  gq90clb.jpg
Size:  700.7 KB

Related to the stereo install I added a new Pioneer Avic-8000Nex headunit. Also in the pic is some gauges I added (boost, volts and oil temp)

Name:  Bk76BQS.jpg
Size:  461.3 KB

I built myself a really nice full carbon bike so I needed a new fork mount bike rack so I don't damage the frame with my old clamp style racks so I bought those and added a new Thule fairing since I hated the fairing I had in the pic above.

Name:  1tQuNmk.jpg
Size:  887.8 KB

And said bike just because!

Name:  ZWkoAHW.jpg
Size:  1.18 MB

And last but not least just because I can't clear speed bumps doesn't mean I don't urban wheel the dang thing!!!

Name:  uc7Gnub.jpg
Size:  1.23 MB

Old 05-21-2018, 02:42 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice Jetta, Was that a German import? (I noticed the german plate on some pics)

Nice TREK BTW. I still ride a 2004 Rocky Mountain I rebuilt from a used one.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by error_401
Nice Jetta, Was that a German import? (I noticed the german plate on some pics)

Nice TREK BTW. I still ride a 2004 Rocky Mountain I rebuilt from a used one.
No that was just a plate the previous owner had on there cause thats what the "cool" kids do!

I am really happy with the bike so far although I have not been able to ride as much as I would like yet with all the rain we've had.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Makes me sick

Old 05-21-2018, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by newguy
Makes me sick
Hey now I don't need need all your positivity muckin up my thread!!

Old 05-25-2018, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Since I use my trunk I decided a false floor was the best option for the amps and crossovers so I got to work on the design and layout.

I bought some nice birch wood to work with.

Name:  aACCvxil.jpg
Size:  34.1 KB

I came up with this as a simple and clean looking layout.

Name:  0APc4kil.jpg
Size:  42.9 KB

Once I had the layout figured out I attached the amps and crossovers using T-nuts so I can easily R&R them without worry of stripping the wood.

Name:  lhTD8Itl.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  48.6 KB

Name:  jG8nWJ9l.jpg
Size:  30.2 KB

The floor will be three levels. The bottom base layer, a partial raised second layer that for the amps and crossovers which will allow all of the wires to be hidden away nicely and then the top which will serve as my new trunk floor.

Name:  m4sKob2l.jpg
Size:  45.8 KB

With the ability to hide the wires I drilled a bunch of holes. One for each terminal so a single wire will pass through each hole.

Name:  4yWh0E4l.jpg
Size:  36.9 KB

The end result will be something like this but not necessarily this wire combo it was just a small test piece.

Name:  0LvxjQql.jpg
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  qrR1z3Yl.jpg
Size:  37.6 KB

That was where I got to on Wednesday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My small 09 Jetta build