Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 93 burban build...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 06:10 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

Good luck with it.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

AC refurb went without a hitch and I have been driving with nice cold AC for a couple months now

I also picked up some new speakers and a cheap pioneer HU and installed everything a while back. It is really nice having radio reception! The other day I noticed my headlights flickering and upon inspection I found water in the housing so I ordered some ebay specials and new bulbs so I will get those installed tonight hopefully. I'll post some pics later. I also walked out of my kids daycare yesterday to see coolant leaking under the passenger door and upon inspection of that I found one of the fittings for the rear heat has cracked No one makes or sells the complete line anymore so I ordered a fitting and I will just cut the hose and install the new fitting as a fix. I read of others doing it the same way without issue so it should work. In the meantime I wrapped it up real good with electrical tape and slow the drip to a minimum until the fitting arrives.

Old 08-31-2016, 06:24 AM

My 92 K1500 had the AC converted before we bought it. It hasn't worked really that great this summer. Need to have that checked out at some point. Glad to hear that you haven't had any serious issues considering it is a 23 year old suburban.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I say replace everything yourself and save some money! I spent around $40 on everything I needed (A.C. Delco parts) and did the job in under an hour. The only thing to pay for after that is a refill. AC work is expensive for some reason and its not complicated or hard at all! I did my kids blazer a few weeks ago to and even making him do all the work while I supervised was still only an hours work.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Well I haven't had to do anything to the burban for some time now but it has developed a front end wobble due to worn out parts so its time for a refresh!

Great googly Moogly..
Name:  5E75FA44-8325-492E-8EB9-4EBE120EE662_zpsf8ppfjtm.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  2.05 MB

I have half of what I paid for the entire truck sitting right here in this pile but hey if I'm going to do this I may as well do it right and never worry about it again right?

Old 01-12-2017, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rexmburns
*snip*

Great googly Moogly..

*snip*
I see what you did there...

Also yeah, that looks like a fun weeks worth of project.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Haha I was wondering if anyone would catch that!!

Old 01-13-2017, 12:44 PM

I caught it. I am on the same page. A couple years I spent close to $600 for parts replaced all of it on a weekend and then got it aligned. I didn't need to replace everything but I figured might as well do as much as possible.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I figure its all original from 93' up front still so it only makes sense to replace everything while I'm in there. The only thing that I am not replacing is the lower control arm bushings which I debated but ultimately decided that the hassle and potential issues of dealing with the torsion bars just weren't worth it. I'll just be sure to give them a good lube while I'm in there. The only other thing I am still waiting on is the sway bar bushings but that won't stop be from doing the rest of it.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:27 AM

I did not do the upper control arm bushings. I do need them for sure. The lower looks okay and I really don't want to fight with them anyway. I am debating on just getting new control arms with rubber bushings or getting a set of used arms and putting urethane bushings in them.

Quick Reply: My small 93 burban build...