Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Yeah if I were to do it again I would still use the Monstaliner! I have drove through some thick brush and a bunch of downed tree limbs hearing it all rub down the side of my truck and expecting to get out and see horrible scratches and there was nothing there at all. I say spend the money and do it once and do it right the first time.

So today I finally got around to mounting my external speaker for my CB inside the cab. I have had it sitting around for over a month and decided to get un lazy and just do it. I am mad I didn't do it sooner. It is so much louder and way more crisp and clean sounding than the CB's tiny little internal speaker.

Don't mind all my crap sitting in the way lol!

I have four more speakers if anyone is interested. I will follow the rules and post them in the classifieds though.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

How did you mount that? Just wondering

Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

It came with an adjustable bracket on the back of it for mounting. Then I just found where I wanted to mount it marked the holes and drilled two pilot holes into the bottom of the dash and ran the screws in. It hit metal so it is very solid. Let me know if you have any more questions I can probably try to get a little better pics to if you would like.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its been awhile since Ive been around but still looking good man. You got the dang tires I want tho... Hopefully before to long I can pick up a set my bfg A/Ts are getting in bad shape.. But no job right now so no new mods really!! haha keep it up man.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks cochran07. I have been working away at my to do list for it slowly but its coming along nicely I think. As for the tires I got the best deal ever on them and it turns out I really do love them. I just finally got to play in the mud with them yesterday and they did great. They also do really well on rocks and sand. I mean for an a/t tire I don't think you can beat it plus they have the severe weather rating on them for snow. I was a BFG lover before but now I am hooked on these. Here's a shot of the mud aftermath lol!!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

And now for the latest mod just completed like 20 min ago! Well almost I'm still waiting on parts to arrive but the hard part is over.

I got these from Fedex today. I ordered them from Harbor Freight with a coupon for $28 shipped.

I then test fitted them and marked up some holes to be drilled.

Then with everything drilled I pulled out my bag of leftover grade 8 3/8x1" bolts from my landrover project and used them to secure them to the frame.

Here's a shot inside the receiver. You can see that I didn't put a nut on the end of the skid plate bolts but the are semi threaded into the receiver tube as well. I did not want to have to try and fight to get a nut on and off of there everytime I wanted to remove my skid plate.

Yes I added washers before I tightened it!

Once I had everything in place I shot a bit of bedliner on the bolts to make them black so they blend in with everything else.

Heres a couple shots of the final product. Minus the receiver shackles since they aren't in yet. I will post up some pics of them when they get here though.

And just to show the fitment with something actually in the receiver

I am happy with it let me know what you think.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Nice man

I was doing this on my truck . I think i will tackle this in the summer

Old 04-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

You definately should. It was easier than what I even figured it would be plus all said and done I only have less than $100 into it and thats most becuse of the shackles that I picked out. To me thats a good investment for the first time I get stuck and need to be pulled out. I just don't trust the factory tow hooks at all. I also never liked the look of my tow hooks since I removed the valence they just kinda stuck out there and looked silly I thought. Lets us know when you do it!!

Old 04-24-2012, 01:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea ill have it in my build thread once i get to it

Old 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Nice!!

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build