Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Again not really any progress as my bedliner still hasn't arrived and since my father in law ordered it for me I have no tracking number. I did however pick up my new Moog pitman and idler arms today! All that is left is the lower ball joints and all of the bushings for the front end. I should have everything in the next two weeks to get that project completed. On a really bright note the unit 4 doors down from me just opened a full on Porsche performance shop. The brand new alignment machine that I will need once I'm done doing my front end was just delivered today. There is a guy there with a (sorry guys) beastly *** jeep and I am working on making friends with him so that I can have another nice hookup when I need it. Heres a link to the shop

Porsche, Tuning, Motorsport, Accessories, Performance.

More updates to come!!!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Beginning Member
lil_J is on a distinguished road

I am loving the way your blazer has turned out, its exactly what I want to do to mine! I cant decide though on what size tires to go next (currently stock). What did you all have to do besides trimming to get the 31s to fit?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for the compliment. Other than alot of fender trimming and removing the front valance (which can just be trimmed if you want) I haven't done anything else to fit the 31's. I will say you always have to be aware of it when wour driving though cause even with all of the trimming I have I still rub occasionally. Mostly when turning sharp in reverse or entering steep driveways at an angle. I am fine with it for now but I will be doing shackles and T-bar crank as soon as my front end is rebuilt. I would recommend doing it as well. Its cheap and relatively easy to do. If you search around the forum there are a ton of posts about it and I believe there is a how-to sticky as well. The main reason I'm not going any bigger is that my wife has to use my truck for our baby once he arrives in like 3 weeks cause she has a Mustang GT convertable that is not at all baby friendly. Make sure you get some photos up when you decide which tires to go with.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Ok so now I have good updates. First one is that I have returned all of my Moog parts becuse I just got an awesome deal from KM346. I picked up the RC 2" lift tubular control arms freshly painted with brand new superlift bushings, and all 4 ball joints and the idler and pitman arms all of these are Proforged. They are all brand new. I have read good things about them and they have a million mile warranty so I think I should be ok. I'm extremely happy with this and he has been great to work with. Thanks again to him!

And for update #2! This just arrived at my wifes office install to start right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course pictures will be posted.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry this is a little long!!!!!!!

So it was a weekend from HELL!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get my bedliner installed like I wanted. It was a perfect weekend to do it to but my neighbors who are also our best friends asked me to replace the wheel bearings in their car. Being as they have four boys 14 and under I couldn't say no to them as like most of us paying a shop hundreds of dollars to do a repair is out of the question. So I started in on them mid day Saturday and around 730 my wife yelled that we had to leave because her mother was being taken to the hospital by ambulance. Me and my 13 yr old step son who was helping me with the car threw all of my tools in the back of my truck and left the car on jack stands. We rushed to the hospital to see her mother (she is doing ok still not sure of a diagnosis). While we were there my wife started having contractions so we called our doctor who asked us to come in to our hospital which is 35 miles away from where we were so we rushed there. They hooked her up to the monitors and after a few hours past around 1am they told us we had to spend the night incase she went into full on labor. So I took a shower at the hospital and tried to get some sleep on the hardwood floor. That was a bad idea after wrenching on a car all day. So we finally got to leave around 930am and I returned home to an unfinished car that had to be finished that day. I spent the next three hours finishing everything with a few complications and then took a hot shower and had a nice deep glass of Jack on the rocks and sat there annoyed cause I didn't get my truck done and I still don't have my son here yet. But on a brighter note my new front end parts should be arriving tomorrow and I did manage to fix my heater controls today. I had a leak in the vacuum ball that I fixed with some packing tape for now. Here is a pic of the progress on the beldiner install. NOw I have to drive around like this for who knows how long but I guess its motivation to get it finished. I hope to get it finished soon weather and baby pending.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned
djerock is on a distinguished road

looks good..

Old 01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Well I got alot done this weekend. I got the front end completly rebuilt and aligned. I only took a few pictures becuse it was cold as h*** outside and I just wanted to be finished. I cranked the t-bars about an inch since I have the new control arms and I didn't want my tires to rub anymore. Plus I had to get an alignment so I figured I would get it outta the way now. I will do the shackles later when I get around to it.

All of the old parts that were replaced.

when I started. YOu can see my wifes car in the backround too.

Removal has begun.

New installed

Heres how its sitting right now.

I also started fabbing some light mounts for my roof rack. I got alot to go yet as far as grinding and shaping. I took some old recliner parts I had laying around the shop and cut them up to make them. I have three for the front and one for the back. Heres a couple pics so far.

Well thats all for now. Its to cold outside to do my bedliner and I expect my new baby boy will be introducing himeself in the next couple days so I will be busy with him for awhile.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good man. Early congrats on the new son! My son is 20 months old now and it's amazing to watch them change everyday. Enjoy every second.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:40 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Blazer is looking good! Great progress! And also, early congrats on the son!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:34 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Truck looks beast. Pretty much the same look I'm going for with the rack and lights.

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build