Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small 96 Blazer build

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

How's that liner holding up on your rockers? I'm wanting to do the same thing with Herculiner to the Jimmy.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

So far its awesome. I used Monstaliner cause it is UV protected and guaranteed not to fade or peel or chip for I think like 5 years. Everything I read about it on other forums and things were all good. I would definatley consider it if I were you.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Starting Member
El Diablo793 is on a distinguished road

Nice!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Thank you!
Originally Posted by El Diablo793
Nice!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Let there be light!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the lights finished up between today and yesterday. Here are some pics...

The back light looks a bit out of place being mounted so high but I had to do it this way for the glass to open all the way. And I figure once I get my spare tire mounted up there it won't look so akward.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Where did you run your wiring into your truck? I still haven't touched my wiring yet.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

I unbolted the roof rack and drilled a hole under there into the cab. I ran the power wire thru there inside my headliner and down the pillar to under my dash. I didn't have any grommets to protect the wire so I put a good length of shrink tubing on it where it goes thru the hole. After that I filled the hole with with silicone to keep it from leaking on me (it's raining right now let's see if it works!) For the ground I used a ring terminal and stuck it under the roof rack and used the mounting bolt as a ground. I also cut a small piece of the "gasket" that goes between the roof rack and the roof to help it sit more flush. I would be very careful with the mounting bolts for the roof rack tho cause they seem to be only held in by a tiny tack weld or something and one of mine came loose. I managed to get it tightend back down enough for now but I will be spending some time correcting that in the future. For the back light I just spliced it into my reverse light and ran the wire into the truck and out the top of the back door. I also ran the ground wire the same way and just scraped off some paint and put a screw into the truck inside the jack mount compartment. Right now it will always come on when in reverse but I plan on putting a toggle switch in so that I can control it later on.
I ran out and snapped a couple pics to give you a bit of an idea how it looks going into the roof rack. Sorry not the greatest pics but it was pouring rain. I hope this helps let me know if you have any questions!

Old 02-24-2012, 02:09 PM

Cool man. Yeah those stock roof rack nuts can come out real easily.. One of mine tore out when I took my side rails off to repaint them. So Ill honestly prob just use that hole but I had to silicone the hell out of it to so it didnt leak.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:54 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Looks good! Your blaze is a modded machine now! lol. But I'll probably mount my cobra 29 where you did or somewhere real close to that spot.

One question, how did you run your coax cable to the cb? Did you run it along the frame?

Old 03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road

Really lovin the blazer dude, I plan on doing everything you did to yours to mine this summer but I am going to add a 2" body lift as well. Really like the 4x4 rig, the vacuum lines went out on mine and I have been lookin for an alternative and I'm going with what you did! By the way how much of that bed liner did you use?

Quick Reply: My small 96 Blazer build