Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My Small 98 Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I've always had Sony headunits and they've treated me well. I had 1 kenwood, and it broke while still under warranty, had it fixed and then it broke again. It always skipped CD's really bad too. It was enough that I've stayed with Sony's, but I haven't bought a new one in probably around 10 years so take into account that my experiences might be a little dated lol.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I used to use only Panasonic head units with 0 issues. I have had a few sonys since then and every one of the face plates would randomly stop working.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Nothing major to update besides we bought a head unit yesterday so now just have to order the install parts and find some components. I'll have to get the details on the HU but its a pioneer pretty simple but we decided simple was better for a new driver that is easily distracted as it is lol!

And then I just thought this was amusing. Its crazy how small the 4wd 2dr looks compared to my 4dr!

Attached Thumbnails My Small 98 Blazer Build-b8f3d51c-a0f1-4306-af1e-b8809bb91d32_zps1wk2ejo7.jpg  
Old 07-20-2015, 03:49 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Your 4-door looks like it's ready to climb over the poor little 2-door.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I know right! It didn't seem that big to me anymore till I park a stock blazer near it lol.

So after my day off he** Monday having the lower rad hose blew on me along with the burban breaking down and a company truck breaking down and top top it off my Gma passed away I decided that just replacing the hose wasn't sufficient and decided all the hoses along with the water pump should be done so that's what I did. I'm glad I did it cause I found the heater core outlet hose had a leak at the intake manifold along with the nipple that screws into the manifold being %100 blocked so it was worth the time! I finished it up tonight and all is well with the exception of the one part I didn't replace (tstat housing) springing a pinhole leak owell it is only $19 and 10-15 min to swap so I'll do that tomorrow otherwise I have awesome heat and the temp is solid right at 195deg.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

are your 4 door front tires smaller than the back?

Old 07-23-2015, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

No but now that you say that they sure look smaller don't they!

Old 07-24-2015, 07:15 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I thought maybe I was just seeing things. I am glad I'm not the only one.

Old 08-19-2015, 12:18 AM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

Might as well subscribe to this one also lol

Old 09-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Haven't done much of anything at all to this thing in a really long time! Well that has come to an end with my son sending me a text of his brake light on asking what it meant so I told him to look around and check for leaks and sure enough the intermediate line going to the rear rusted and blew out I got under there today and started ripping it out and in the process found that the fuel lines have done the same and one started leaking while I was under there moving lines around so I just finished ordering new stainless lines for the brake and fuel lines and I will just replace everything all at the same time once they arrive.

I have also been battling a rearview mirror that refuses to stay glued to the windshield and I am my wits end on how to make it stay. I have tried 3 different mirror adhesives now and every one of them has fallen off!!

We are also working on gathering all of the pieces to get the head unit installed along with some components in the doors and a couple 12's in the rear with separate amps for each.

Quick Reply: My Small 98 Blazer Build