Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My Small 98 Blazer Build

Old 02-01-2017, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

skip white of course

Old 02-01-2017, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yup I'm running one in my blazer and have zero reason not to purchase another!!

Old 02-13-2017, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Well I finally found time to finish this thing up and get it back running yesterday! I got everything buttoned up and cranked it with no start and a CEL so I pulled the code and got a wonderful P0336 for the crank sensor and I knew immediately what the problem was. I had disconnected it to move the wire harness out of the way and when I was putting things back together I had got a bunch of grease inside the plug and I sprayed it out with brake cleaner (thats all I had on hand) but figured I didn't get it properly cleaned out so I picked up some electrical parts cleaner on the way home from looking at a couple houses and sprayed it out really good plugged it in and it fired up with the tap of the key! I did all the usual watching for leaks and monitoring PIDs and after about 20 min of no issues took it for a test drive for about 10 miles and the only small thing was that the CMP retard shifted a bit but that was my fault because I didn't fully tighten the hold down bolt expecting to have to adjust it but it was dead on at 0.0 from the jump so I adjusted it back to 0 and cranked it down. I am hearing a small bit of lifter noise from the driver side head so I will need to go back in and recheck all the lifters but thats nothing major IMO then I will do an oil change and coolant flush this weekend just to get rid of anything that may have come loose through all of this. For now though the kid is back to driving it again and I'm hoping all goes well and there won't be any issues that pop up.