Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

My small Bagged 63 BBW C10 build

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough
Default My small Bagged 63 BBW C10 build

Well I always promised I would be back with another build so here I am! It's not a blazer so I hope no one minds me posting a build thread on it. These are the only pictures I currently have of the truck but it's a 63 big back window short bed C10. This is going to be a low, loud and fast build unlike my blazer that was high, not very loud and slow lol. It's going to be a couple weeks before I get it home and into my garage but once it is I'll be getting to work immediately as time allows.

I've got new (replacement) rust free doors and fenders for it but unfortunately the color doesn't match so it will ultimately end up with a fauxtina paint job since I am more a fan of the imperfect look on these old truck as opposed to a shiny mirror perfect finish plus I intend to drive the hell outta it when I'm finished so prefect is not what I'm going for here. It's getting power disk brakes at all four corners with a 5 lug conversion and modern suspension including new control arms up front and sway bars front and rear. A power steering conversion will be included in the upgrades as well. The gas tank is being relocated under the bed with a fuel cell and I've got all new glass for the truck as well as a ton of other various parts.

For creature comforts it's getting AC installed along with keyless entry and remote start. The seat was just recovered and refoamed last year and is essentially brand new. Of course it will get a are upgrade and who knows what else.

I'm not sure on the motor/trans yet. I've got the option to buy a brand new turn key ready 330hp 350 with 4l60e trans plus complete plug and play wire harness and trans controller plus all the mounts needed to get it sitting properly in the truck. If I don't go that route I will be going LS (probably 6.0) with a t56 6 speed manual. The cost of either will be similar but the LS /t56 combo will take longer to get parts sourced and installed thus making it longer before it's drivable but it's probably worth the extra time.

Now for the best part the truck and everything mentioned minus the motor and trans was given to me by a good friend/coworker as a birthday present!. He was looking to sell everything as a package deal and then realized how much money he was going to lose and decided since he had already written the money off a couple years ago he would rather gift it to me and see it get built than lose the money and never see it again. In total he's giving me about $12k in parts that he has receipts for not including the price of the truck. I'll get some more pics up once I get it home!

Last edited by rexmburns; 11-10-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:54 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Very cool. Reminds me of the old '66 3/4 ton my father had. That one had the small window, a 283 with a one-barrel carburetor and a manual choke. It had a 4-speed but "first" was really a granny-gear. Good memories!

Old 10-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Following! I've done a couple of these trucks. My brothers 64 c10 has had a few engine/trans combos over the years. Currently has a destroked 377 backed by a 700r4 and 12 bolt. I'll post a pic later.

Old 10-06-2019, 08:04 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Very nice find!!

Old 10-07-2019, 04:06 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

That is a nice gift. Looking forward seeing the resurrection.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys. I've owned a 67 and a 70 in the past but that was 15-20 years ago when I didn't have tools or knowledge. The 67 I earned for a summer of mowing my neighbors lawn and then some ahole taking advantage of a kid convinced me to sell it to him for $350 so all I ever did with that was put a sticker on the window and sit in the driver seat shifting gears and making motor sounds lol. A few years later I bought the 70 running and driving with a nicely built 350 and proceeded to install one of the loudest exhausts I've ever heard. I drive it for about a year and then the law caught up to me driving without a license so I parked it at my grandma's and it was sold about a year later after I moved from WI to FL and didn't have any way of getting it there let alone working on it while living in an apartment.

I'm really excited about the 63 now that I have space, tools and knowledge to work on it and make it mine. With winter coming I'm setting a goal to have it ready to drive by the time spring rolls around. Thank God for a heated garage lol!

Old 10-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Well the first parts came home today! Just some small stuff that fit in the car but it's a start. I've got the aftermarket heater/ac unit, a full set of gaskets for the doors and windows, the trans controller and lastly this beauty. It's been fully rebuilt and set up to work with the modern electronics for the new motor and trans with the odometer set to 1 mile.

Old 10-13-2019, 06:52 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Nice! Suits the truck perfectly...

Old 10-15-2019, 04:44 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Ah that's a beautiful panel.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Well it came home today! Loading was easy unloading not so much! We ended up dragging it off the trailer onto the ground and then with a combination of pulling and pushing with a truck we finally got it into the garage. I still need to get it up on jack stands and get rid of the pallet and tires it's sitting on but it's home so I'm happy. Once it's on stands I'm going to inventory the countless boxes of new parts and get it to a roller as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure everything is there to get it to that point. It looked like the only major things I'm going to have to buy are headers and a radiator everything else seems to be there with the exception of a bunch of small things I'm sure. I still need to pick up the seat and glass but I'll wait a bit cause I'm out of room. The only remaining question I need to answer is so I sell this motor and trans and go 6.0 LS and t56 or put it together and drive it for a while then do that later which doesn't make much sense to me.

Quick Reply: My small Bagged 63 BBW C10 build