Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

New to me! 1974 K5 Blazer!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Starting Member
bigbadblazer91 is on a distinguished road

well, now that i read the entire thread i finally saw confirmation that you had a full convert, i was pretty sure, seeing that roll bar and door tops in the pics. As i said in my new member "hello", my grandfather had a full convert 75 Jimmy for a few years. (along with a few other things i wish could have been passed down)
cheers from Trenton, Ontario

Old 06-03-2012, 06:49 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

This is the Guys truck that I thought may have been yours .

He races all the same races I do and his blazer sounds so dam good .
This picture was taken today at the King of Trucks show at the NY state fairgrounds .

Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Beginning Member
Coddrick is on a distinguished road

I am addicted to this thread, when can we get an update?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
Kyle what is the paint code for the original Blue it was? I can't seem to get my dad to listen to me for 2 seconds so he can go out to his truck and get the code. And yours is close enough.
Kayla, sorry that I didn't respond sooner. Things have been crazy between a new position at work and now with both my boys playing baseball. The paint color is called Catalina Blue. I think it's code is 508, but I'll check on the SPI sticker in the glove box when I get home tonight. -- Confirmed the code:

Originally Posted by 70-K5
What happened to that rusted out 74 you were going to snag?
Well that's a 'fun' story... I offered the farmer up to $250 for it on 5 separate occasions over the past 2 years since learning about it being back there. Found out a few months ago that he scrapped it! Probably didn't even get $100 for it given today's scrap steel prices...

Originally Posted by atvwarrior
This is the Guys truck that I thought may have been yours .

He races all the same races I do and his blazer sounds so dam good .
This picture was taken today at the King of Trucks show at the NY state fairgrounds .
I had tossed around the idea of swapping the front end off of the '90 parts 'burb I have, but I like the '74 grill too much. Also, you'll never see one of my vehicles with those fake stick on things on the side! That is a clean truck for the most part though. I'll have to make it out to the fairgrounds for one of those events. I was in fire training all weekend long this weekend practicing lifting tractors, combines, & other agricultural implements off of straw dummies.

Originally Posted by Coddrick
I am addicted to this thread, when can we get an update?
I still drive the truck around a few times a month. It only gets ~6mpg so I don't do it all that often, but it's a blast to drive. It isn't as fast as my Chevelle, but the exhaust note definitely lets me reminisce back to my high school days driving my Chevelle around town. It's hard to believe that was over 15 years ago...

I'm really trying to save up the money to build a 30x50 shop to then tear into this & my Chevelle. That and the aforementioned time constraints doesn't leave much room for working on things.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 PM
fbodyman01 is on a distinguished road

I just bought a 1973 model this past Monday. Runs well and only cost 7 hundred bucks!

Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Hey kyle are you still looking for right handed np208s ?

I saw this one and thought about your k5
80s chevy transfercase

I just cant remember if you were looking for 205s tho.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have two 205's and an extra 203 along with the 203 that's in the truck now. I've been toying with the idea of going with an 203/205 doubler setup behind the 700R4 I have from the '90 'burb, but if I could find a passenger side drop NP241, I'd just go that route instead. I really don't want to go with an NP208 because of it's relative weakness compared with what I already have. The NP241 is a beast compared with the NP208.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Alrighty then and yes the np241s are really nice tcases.. I have one on my k2500