Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Phil's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Muffler arrived an hour ago!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Woo-Hoo!

lets hear it!!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phil

That house looks familier lol. Cant wait to here the exhaust your going to have to hear mine too. Didn't you put new thermostat's that run cooler in the past?

Old 08-05-2010, 06:50 AM

Thanks guys! Videos will come. Yeah I put a Hypertech 180 in there, and it worked wel, but in the winter the truck wouldn't get up to operating tempersture so it'd give a check engine light. Didn't bother me though and the only reason I took it out is because the Hypertech Power Programmer says to use the stock thermostat for the 4.3.

Muffler should go on Friday, so video will follow. Stephen, once I get that welded on we'll have to meet up somewhere. Oh and that hosue is behind O'Brien's Pub off Lumsden and Kings. Looks like the deal fell through. The downstairs was flooded last week and the seller is refusing to fix it or atleast renegotiate the price so I'm walking away from that place. Too bad, it was nice and felt like home already lol.

Last edited by Phil; 08-05-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:09 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Awesome! I can't wait to hear it!
Too bad about the house. The owner needs to realize that a house with an unintetional inground pond isn't going to sell at the same price as before.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

but maybe they knew it was going to flood, and you'd be getting a free pool with the deal.

yeah, that's probably why they wouldn't lower thier price anymore, they knew you were gonna get major bonuses with the purchase!

Old 08-07-2010, 01:05 PM

Was going to get the muffler put on, but when the gf pulled into my driveway yesterday morning I heard a BAD squeal. Pulled a tire and yep, needs brake pads. Looking at next week sometime for the muffler since I had to buy her brake pads and put them on today. I took the role of moderately-decent-guy and put her car's braking ability before my exhaust tone. Sadly, a buddy of mine tried to blast me for this.

Good news: Seller on the house finally came to her senses. Knocked the 2.5k off the price so I can redo the floors. I'll sign papers on Thursday and start the repairs.

Old 08-07-2010, 01:57 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

thats good news on the house and i understand the putting girlfriend first aspect. mine needed her whole exhaust replaced, $800 total, i gave her half. good luck with fixing up the house and your exhaust

Old 08-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default haha

Yah there are some similar house in there too I believe, I mow a bunch of lawns in that neighborhood. Yah we need to meet up for sure, I put the stock coils back in with the spacers so its sitting down 1.5'' in the front but its a smooth ride at least lol

Old 08-07-2010, 04:38 PM

Thanks guys, glad to see I'm not insane for thinking brakes first haha. This is why this forum rocks.

Stephen, I'm thinking about seeing if a couple of the local guys on here want to get something going to meet somewhere. Maybe go to Winghouse or Hooters and get some grub, oggle at the waitresses, and BS about trucks. Sound good to you?