Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Phil's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
zombie build!!!!!!!!!

glad to see you are getting back into the build full throttle.
I'm actually thinking about putting some decals on the hood and rear panels that say Zombie Response Team, and fabbing up some gun racks for the back interior panels since I leave my seats folded down all the time.

As I'm finishing up the home improvement project of redoing my staircase on my lunch break, as I am walking out to the most wonderful sight a car guy can see (aside from a topless chick)- the big brown truck came and delivered these:

Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Nice! Now order some for me ok?

Old 01-31-2012, 05:46 PM

Its dark outside so it's not a good picture, but I got them installed after work. Now I have to add a 2" BL and 31s to my future plans.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Looks good! Definitely need some bigger tires and a some very large spacers!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 AM

Thanks man! I'm now saving for the lift and tires since I want to be able to do them on the same day. Only thing thats now in my mind is maybe getting some rims with a better looking backspacing. I'd like to avoid spacers if I can, they just make me nervous. Any recommendations for rims?

Oh, and I'm officially throwing it out on here. I'm tired of seeing 16 MPG city and 18 hwy with my mods. At the end of the year I've decided I'm either going to do a 5 cyl swap from a Colorado, I figured if that has a curb weight of 3700 and the Blazer has a curb weight of 3800 the HP:weight ratio will be pretty good so I should see better fuel economy from the I5 than the 4.3. Plus I would still have room for improvement on fuel econ by means of bolt ons. I want roughly 19 mpg city as an end goal. Or I'm going to keep things as is on the Blazer and put a down payment on a Jetta TDI. If I go the swap route then I know I have a lot of research to do and a few hours at the scrap yard ahead of me to make sure it wont be too tight of a fit.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:15 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Flares look good..i agree you need something on them wheels...looks like your blazes swallowed them whole!!!
How did you go about install? Just curious how well it works for two door add on

Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Thanks dude! Install was easy. Had a second set of hands so it was just have someone hold them in place, drill a pilot hole, and fasten with self tapping screws with a washer head. I like your ZR2 flares on the 4 door. Did you have to weld a tab into the wheel well to attach them?

Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

No i actually just drilles out the body and reused the zr2 mounting hardware.
I posted a how to on it ...not to bad just involved.