Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Phil's Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RangerG
Clean looking truck! Low mileage too.

As for fog lights. Hella and KC are top for quality. Those are bank-breakers though.
really? then what do you tink of the price of PIAA's? now those are true bank busters.

i haven't seen a set of Hella's yet that seem outrageously priced. KC's seem quite reasonable as well-actually on the low end of the price scale, IMO.

Bosch make some nice lights too, quite reasonable in price as well.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:25 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
really? then what do you tink of the price of PIAA's? now those are true bank busters.

i haven't seen a set of Hella's yet that seem outrageously priced. KC's seem quite reasonable as well-actually on the low end of the price scale, IMO.

Bosch make some nice lights too, quite reasonable in price as well.
Right, right, right! It was the PIAA's I was thinking of, not Hella.

I'm just saying $150 + Ship + Tax = More than me (and Phil by the sounds of it) can afford at the moment with school taking full priority. I'll be in the market for something a little more pricey in the summer when school is over and money is much more abundant.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:17 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Nice clean truck

LOVE those tail lights!!! Wow they look so customized =D

Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Right, right, right! It was the PIAA's I was thinking of, not Hella.

I'm just saying $150 + Ship + Tax = More than me (and Phil by the sounds of it) can afford at the moment with school taking full priority. I'll be in the market for something a little more pricey in the summer when school is over and money is much more abundant.
Exactly. I got my scholarship pulled out from under neath me a week before I started college 2 years ago because I graduated from high school earl, and it "showed a lack of commitment", so school is being payed for out of my own pocket. Once I start working full time I'll get some PIAAs since they look so good and do an incredible job of illuminating the road.

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Nice clean truck

LOVE those tail lights!!! Wow they look so customized =D
Thanks for the kind words!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:57 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

I'm just saying $150 + Ship + Tax......
for PIAA's?.........that's cheap! hell the cheapest PIAA's i've ever come across were $300-for just a simple prjestor driving lamp kit. the dual lamp systems were like $900, now that's nuts!

Old 12-17-2009, 03:22 PM

Just trying to plan the ride comfort part of my build and I have a question. Guy in the band I recently joined has a newer F-150 and I asked him what type of lift he has on it. Said he doesn't and that he got a little (not a lot) bit of extra wheel clearance from upgrading to a bigger shock. I assume this is possible on my Blazer? If so, what type and size of shock should I get? $200 budget for front and rear, give or take a few dollars. I'd like to upgrade shocks anyways, so if anyone even has just a recommended aftermarket shock that gives good ride comfort let me know.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:42 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Nice Truck, and you're lucky on the miles!
My truck had that same bug deflector when I bought it. But I didn't like it, so I gave it to my mom to put on her Bravada.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:51 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Phil
Said he doesn't and that he got a little (not a lot) bit of extra wheel clearance from upgrading to a bigger shock. I assume this is possible on my Blazer? If so, what type and size of shock should I get?
ummm, having a longer shock (is this what he meant to say?) might give some more lift.

but once they get worked in, they'll probably settle in to whatever the leafs would ride @, same for your coils. 'cause no shock is gonna over power the spring rate of a leaf/coil in any way, at least not for very long. remember, it's sole purpose is to smooth out bumps/ruts/dips on the road, and work primarily on the compression stroke, with the rebound taking care of the rest of the job.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:27 PM

I think he meant longer. Says they've been on there for a year or two now and that the ride comfort is top notch. I mean, either way I want to get new shocks soon-ish for the comfort aspect.

cbr995- thanks man. I put the bug deflector on since the paint on the hood has some issues. I don't mind the look of it, but once I get it repainted it will be coming off.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM

Woo-hoo! Brush guard came in today Will go on this Saturday. And my gf got me this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IbO8L3D...C-KD-R200.html and some goodiest o go with it apparently. Can't wait for tax returns in a few months haha. CAI and exhaust here I come!