Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blaze

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 PM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Since I got my computer fixed I figured I would upload a few more pics I had

My 8000k HIDs

Got rid of some rust over the rear wheel well where my trim got ripped off

Primed for now you can still see where the flaked paint was and some metal that didnt get all the way grinded down. Just temporary til its gets bedlined.

Pioneer 4x6's in the dash I did last winter

And the hinge pins I did this winter

Old 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Nice! How do you like those Pioneers in the dash? Also, what size bulb did you use for the floorboards? I'm going to put some LEDs in mine sometime between now and summer.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:13 PM

I love the pioneers it balances with the subs great. I got the same ones in the back doors only 6.5s. And if your talking about the blue under the seats and dash they are just led strips I got at harbor freight. Ill snap some pics of them for ya tomorrow.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Phil
Nice! How do you like those Pioneers in the dash? Also, what size bulb did you use for the floorboards? I'm going to put some LEDs in mine sometime between now and summer.
Thats what my leds look like. Much brighter at night.

Here is a pic of my bravada ***** I swapped In I broke the other one trying to get it out of the bravada, gonna try to get another one this weekend

Old 03-11-2010, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Phil
If you're just looking to put in LED bulbs and not actual LED light bars the bulb size is 194 (same as the gauges and map lights). I did mine a while back, there's pics in my build thread.

Originally Posted by 99blaz
Thats what my leds look like. Much brighter at night.
I like the light bars, but I would of found a way to mount it in behind the dash or atleast right under it to kind of hide the strip. Gives a nicer effect. Can you do a shot from outside the truck showing where you monuted them? it's hard to see in that pic. Also, with the strips under your rear seats do you have issues with them when you fold your seats down?

Old 03-11-2010, 02:39 PM

I like the light bars, but I would of found a way to mount it in behind the dash or atleast right under it to kind of hide the strip. Gives a nicer effect. Can you do a shot from outside the truck showing where you monuted them? it's hard to see in that pic. Also, with the strips under your rear seats do you have issues with them when you fold your seats down?
You cant see them unless you look under but I will take another pic so you can see it better. Now as for the rear seats, when I first put them in I zip tied the wires to the bottom of the back seats. So if I were to fold them down it ripped out the wires and blew the fuse. Last month though I cut the zip ties and ran the wires under the seats behind the bracket bolts. They are just kinda laying there but you don't see them and the seat folds down just fine.

I will try to get some pics before class and post them up later so you can see it better.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM

Here is where the leds are mounted under the dash cant see unless you actually look under there

Leds under back seat from front seat

And the wires under the back seat

Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 PM

Well the weld that was holding together my exhaust after the cat broke today. Lasted about a year. Sounds nice lol hopefully get ahold of a welder sometime this week or next week and fix it.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:04 PM

I put a overhead trip computer on of a 98 in by blazer the other day and for some reason it only seems to work with the parking lights or headlights on. Can't figure out why also I will hopefully be getting skid plates on tomorrow. Ill post pics as soon as I get it done.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
kustom_werks is on a distinguished road
Default Nice 99

I like what you've done! The added touches of the lights gives it a little extra punch

Quick Reply: Project Blaze