Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

looks good, its like the big brother of my red blazer

Old 02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Nice job on the lift! Did you have to fab your own bumper brackets?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:27 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phil
Nice job on the lift! Did you have to fab your own bumper brackets?
It was only a shackle lift not a body lift therefore the bumpers didn't need to be touched. I am planning on doing a 2" body lift fairly soon though.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good.
You ever think of taking your hitch off and sandblasting all that rust off?

Old 02-21-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Brianator99
Looks good.
You ever think of taking your hitch off and sandblasting all that rust off?
id love to but i dont have the equipment....any suggestions as to where to get it?

Edit: Just thinking about this, could i just take it off and sand it down with say a power sander and repaint it myself?

Last edited by BlazerGuy2001; 02-21-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by foxxie
Sisk, sounds like you love Bed liner.hehe
Has anyone done their whole truck with the stuff?
Looks really nice bro! I like your 4x4 its very clean. Keep up the good work. I would just get a wire cup attachment for a power grinder to remove the hitch rust and repaint it. I also own a gravity feed sandblaster I grabbed for about 100 bucks that holds about a litre of silica at a time, it hooks up to the air compressor at anyhting over 100psi and works really nice. Takes about 4 minutes to run out of sand and have to refill it. Could prolly clean up a whole hitch in about 10 minutes with it. It does a spot about the size of a dollar coin with the spray tip that I have. It also works great for removing the powder coating from wheels for refinishing them.

You asked a while back if anyone had painted a whole truck with boxliner and here is your answer... ME.

And YES my '85 S15 is completely done with Candian Tire Bedliner spray, it looks awesome. However it faded and rusted some after 2 years in the sun... BUT, Armorall makes it black again since its like a plastic once dry, not oily like undercoating is. I used about 20 cans on the whole truck, its an extended cab. Only have a couple nighttime pics for now until I can see her again one day, i live in another province and my new province would never let my smogger pass inspection.

Old engine made some serious blue smoke, was a burned out camaro 5.0 engine, still hauled ***, just not nearly as much *** as it does now.

Probably almost 2 years after I painted it with boxliner. The taillights are done with VHT Nightshades, its awesome stuff.

2002 Yukon buckets, just swap the brackets from the stock seats. The Yukon seats have 2 sets of holes on the bottoms if you peel back the fabric you find the holes that the smaller brackets fit on and they drop right in the S15 without any problems. Well... You lose the center console and only have enough room for a bong in there. The whole back area is boxlinered too.

And the dash and floor panels too are covered with boxliner, I just prepped by scuffing up with sandpaper and using alcohol to clean it afterwards.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but you asked if anyone else has painted a whole truck with the stuff and I just found these photos buried on the internet that I had forgotten about.

Last edited by ohsofly; 02-22-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

The hitch is pretty easy to take off. I sand blasted mine and used filler where it was pitting and resprayed it. Im sure you can clean it up with a grinding wheel and some time.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:22 PM

Hey everyone, thank you very much for all the ideas! i am now planning on repainting it along with several other things next summer...but right now i have a bigger issue...earlier i mentioned i poked a hole in my gas tank while taking out the shackle bolts, well my epoxy fix didn't work and she was leaking until it was below the level of the hole....does anyone know of a way to fix this or should i just buy a new tank? if so where from?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

junkyard is gonna be the best price. i thought they made a patch kit. depends on how big of hole. i'll take a look

*don't know if this is gonna double post, computer is really acting up

Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

if you're looking for a junk yard, there are 2 really good places i go to. The one is parts galore on 8mile and groesbeck in Detroit which is good for anything 95 and back(i don't know if the gas tank would work or not) for trucks but 2002 and back for cars. Then there is Warhoops auto parts in Sterling Heights that i've gone to before for the random part located on 18 1/2 mile... i know you're from the metro area so i figured i'd throw those out there(in my head, anything east lansing to port huron is metro lol)

Quick Reply: Project Blazed