Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:03 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Project Blazed

So i think its about time to start my own build thread since im beginning to work on my truck more often and putting some money into it.

__________________________________________________ _________________
Build Contents

1. Repaint Tow Hooks - Below

2. Repaint Front Bumber - Page 2

3. Repaint Spare Tire Holder - Page 3

4. Alpine Sound System - Page 4

Projects I've done:
-Paint BowTie black
-Debadged
-Lift Shackles and TBar Crank
-Clearance lights
-Painted Rockers and Fender Flares
-Alpine System

Planned Projects
-Clear marker lights
-New bushings

__________________________________________________ _________________

The other day i decided to repaint my tow hooks so they didn't look rusted and ugly....here's what i did..

Start by removing the 2 bolts on either one with a 15mm socket and ratchet (a short extender can be helpful)

Next i sanded the rust and garbage off of them until i had a clean surface to work with

Next comes the fun part....painting...i did several coats of Dupli-color truck liner in order to get more texture (i believe i did 3-4)

Next i would suggest letting it dry overnight (setting them on wax paper is a good way to prevent them from sticking to anything while drying)

Then you are ready to put them back on and your off. Remember the open part of the hooks go out and they are labeled RS and LS for right and left side.

Final Pics

Last edited by BlazerGuy2001; 05-12-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:05 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Looking good now man.
You'll now have to do the chasis to match the tow hooks.hehe

Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looking good! x2 on the frame. It looks a lot better in black .
What are your other plans for the truck? anything in the near future?

Old 11-24-2009, 06:22 AM

I'm probably gonna paint the front bumper with the same stuff. Does anyone know how you can get the fender flares off on a zr2 cause I'd like to paint them also

Last edited by BlazerGuy2001; 11-24-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:43 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Never looked at a ZR2 closely, but I'd assume they're just bolted on. Take a look in the wheel well and investigate. You should be able to see how they come off.

Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 AM

Alright will do that sometime after school =p I'd like to pull the grill off also and paint it black

Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

oh thats nice =D

Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 AM

Haha thanks. I was just giving it a try on a smaller application and it turned out pretty good. I'm not sure if I can use this on plastic but I'll probably just spray it on some non visible area to give it a try

Old 11-24-2009, 08:06 AM
BF Veteran

Bed liner should stick to just about anything. If you plan on doing it on plastic though you might want to scuff the plastic up a bit first just as an extra aid in helping it stick.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 AM

Alright will do. Do you know what size rims I would need with my new bfgs like the radius and width?

Quick Reply: Project Blazed