Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Blazed

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Beginning Member
S10Blazerdude is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
Thanks, and I would say go for it once you get your blazer! The reason I did it is because of the hundreds of chips I had along the rocker panels...they didn't look good and would eventually have turned into rust...also I had some rust along the rockers that I wanted to stop now before it got any worse. And now it looks great and should last for years to come! If you need some help if/when you do this to your blazer just message me and I'll walk you through it.

As for the sound system I think it is a problem other than the amp, I am only running an 800 watt rms system and I find the battery dead nearly every morning. There is a problem other than the stereo that I need to work out =\

Thanks man I will really get after it when I get it.....I have known that I would buy the thing for more than a month now.....just waiting on the money.....lol....You really inspired me to do it right man....since my last post on here I have been looking all kinds of things up online.....I really cant wait to start building this thing up.

lol....I read in your thread that you are waiting for the summer so you can have warmer days....I live in Northern California and I am having 80 degree days now......Only if I had the Blazer now....lol

Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Beginning Member
tofunater is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001
By trigger wire do you mean remote wire? If so yes, I have it wired into the ignition, so it turns off with that, also to a switch if I want them off when my ignition is on, but I have the radio on almost all the time when driving... I replaced the cluster because the shop said that was the problem but it didn't help....$200 down the drain..
Yup. It was worth a shot. That sucks about the cluster though.
Have you tried disconnecting your amp to see if the power drain stops happening? Just trying to 100% eliminate the possibility.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

I could try that...later today after school and work I will check it out!

Old 05-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Vermilion is an unknown quantity at this point

Will that stuff stick to chrome bumpers?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Hey Derek, did you mask off all the rear window trim and just spray it once you sanded it? mine aren't looking that great....

Old 05-17-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by MTopper
Hey Derek, did you mask off all the rear window trim and just spray it once you sanded it? mine aren't looking that great....
I haven't finished my window trim yet lol, I've done a little bit towards it but the process I'm going to use is use some body filler then sand that down and probably repeat, then prime then paint

Old 05-17-2010, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran

Ok, because mine isn't that faded but it is rough.. i think some of the car washes i go to uses some pretty strong cleaners that are eating away at my external plastic pieces. I know it happens but i didn't think it'd do as bad as it does

Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 PM

I would bet that it's just sun rot. I rarely take mine to carwashes and it still happens

Old 05-17-2010, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran

Yeah but 3 year difference in age. So, who knows, thats a project for another day.

Old 05-17-2010, 04:51 PM

yea, im waiting until the summer where i have a few days with some good sun and guaranteed no rain =/

Quick Reply: Project Blazed