Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Fog

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Phil
New Zealand is mine and my girlfriends place to move to if America ever goes down the crapper. They speak English and aren't too restrictive on gun laws. We're sold haha.
I'm sure the climate would be ~the same that you're already used too lol... The international students at school come to school in Parka's when it hits 0deg Farenheit and I'm jeans and a wind breaker lmao.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
I'm sure the climate would be ~the same that you're already used too lol... The international students at school come to school in Parka's when it hits 0deg Farenheit and I'm jeans and a wind breaker lmao.
Yeah I'm a born & raised Floridian. I don't do cold so well. Heat on the other hand...

Once again great job on that fog bar build. I'm gonna show that to my welder when he gets back from a job in Chicago and see if he thinks he can do something like that. Beats the hell out of paying $300 for a brush guard on ebay that everyone has lol.

Old 11-23-2009, 12:22 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Thanks again guys for the comments.
Great place down here for the sport hunter, deer, pig, duck, goat & even rabbit + the aussie pest, the possum. Then when you get bored with that you just go fishing.
Up in auckland the temp in winter can get down -4c in the morning & never get above 9c during the day & summer 30c with 100% humidity.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:44 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I miss the summer already..and it's not even winter here yet. It's only about 4C and I'm feezing my *** off. Born and raised in Canada, but hate every minute of the winter and the cold. I think I belong down south lol.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:01 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

^ I hate the cold too, I don't have a garage to work on my blazer in so I'm stuck in the cold with a wrench frozen to my glove

Old 11-23-2009, 06:09 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I feel your pain lol. Yesterday afternoon leaving the office there was the horrid metal on metal scraping/grinding noise coming from my front driver side. I stopped on the way home but couldn't see anything (because of the size of my damn tire, and the rims I have don't provide any sight to the brakes). I got home and had to take the tire off in my driveway freezing my *** off and my hands were frozen lol. The cause of the problem? A small pebble stuck in the backing plate of the damn brakes.
I couldn't believe it. What a relief that was though. It was a rough weekend and that was the last thing I needed...to have to replace a wheel bearing or something expensive on the truck lol.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:18 AM
Starting Member
Nvidia78 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by foxxie
Thanks again guys for the comments.
Great place down here for the sport hunter, deer, pig, duck, goat & even rabbit + the aussie pest, the possum. Then when you get bored with that you just go fishing.
Up in auckland the temp in winter can get down -4c in the morning & never get above 9c during the day & summer 30c with 100% humidity.
I can stand the cold there since -4c is like 24.8 F and 9c is like 48 thats not too bad since I live in Iowa and winters here get 0 F and below depending on the wind chill etc I have seen it -50 F below with wind chill before.... ehh 100% humidity you say and 30C thats like 86F, I am not much of a fan of bein soaked with humidity when i step out the door.. but it happens here too, not everyday... but i think i am used to that too, I think I would prefer 75 in the summer..... whats the pay rate there and the cost of livin??

Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran

Geez...winters here are brutal. And we don't even get the worst of it on the East coast. West coast and prairie winters are 10 times worse then what we get. Once winter really hits we're looking at high temps of -15C on a nice sunny day, and in Jan/Feb it's usually -20 to -30C and below. And I'm not including wind chill factors. I hate winter...wish I was on a beach right now lol.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

I must agree with Sisk. Canadian winters suck so bad. Im southern Ontario too like im close to the US as it gets lol. Not sure if id trade the health care for the sun though I enjoy not paying $87.95 for meds, although a nice 9mm in Texas is aweful appealing.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

OH and absolutly love the grille guard. Looks amazing. Wish I could weld, or afford someone to do it for me.

Quick Reply: Project Fog