Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Fullsized Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough
Talking Project: Fullsized Upgrade!

Hey guys. As most of you know, I bought a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab Z71. Its dark blue, almost black and has ALOT of chrome accents lol.

Here some pics of a few days after I bought it.

So far I have done the following:

Painted GMC Badge on the grille.

I have purchased a Spectre Cold Air Intake. Should be in tomorrow!

I have purchased 3 HID Kits with 3 Relay harness'.
5000k highs
5000k lows
3000k fogs.

Gonna light up the road.

I have purchased 50pcs of 1n4004 Diodes to do the High 6 mod. Keeps highs, lows and fogs on with highs.

New Z71 decals
CUSTOM CHEVY Z71 SKULL DECAL SET-CHOOSE YOUR COLOR!!!!! on eBay.ca (item 320408776085 end time 27-Apr-11 14:56:42 EDT)

By the end of the month I should be where I want to be at. lol

Lots of pics this coming month!

Other plans are:
I'm sure theres more! let me know whatcha think!

Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice! I was thinking about getting the towing mirrors for my truck, but didn't know how I would like them. My current mirrors have memory with the park assist feature which moves them down and in to show you the ground near the back of the truck. It's definitely nice for keeping it between the lines, but the viewable area through the mirrors is significantly diminished when I have my camper in tow.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 AM

Yea for sure. I have that feature to but the drivers side mirror is on its way out. When I use power to fold them, the mirror is always put back at the bottom. Same with park assist. Doesn't go back to regular. Heat and power folding works on both still tho, so I'm glad about that. Only thing I don't like about them. No where to really put those circular dome mirrors. I love those! That white truck I had had them and they made it so easy to change lanes and back up (park assist disabled to prolong the life of the mirror). I guess there are the rectangular ones. I'll look around.

I saw a black diesel today with them and it looked gorgeous. He would have been and inch or so taller because it was HD but they didn't look like huge elephant ears like the new ones do.

Work couldn't go fast enough today (still 8 hours at Honda lol). I just want that intake ON!!!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:01 PM

The thing that made me go through a full tank in just a few days lol

INTAKE!!!!

Just showing that there is ground underneath it!

No touchy touchy!

Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 AM

More goodies!

HIDs! DDM tuning sets. Highs and lows are 5000K and fogs are 3000K.

Lows

Highs

compare to $70 ebay 8000k

I'll get better pics tomorrow with my actual camera lol

Overall...throughly impressed! The only thing I don't like is the ignition time. Takes a good 5 seconds to actually see light output from lows to highs when cold.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:40 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Looks real good man!! Lovin the CAI and the HIDs! You never did say what was under the hood of that thing... looks like it should put my flowmaster super 40 to shame!

Old 04-29-2011, 04:09 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

the ddm kits do take forever to fire up going from lows to highs. i ended up taking my highs out for just that reason. my lows (hids) are brighter than my high beam halogens and shine further

Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

By the looks of it, I would go ahead and assume it's a 5.3l. Great looking intake and HIDs, truck is coming along nicely!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:23 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Do the hi 6 mod now and you won't care about the warm-up time on the high beams lol.

Good looking intake too, and you just might make me paint my GMC logo, did you just mask the chrome off?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:53 PM

Haha. Thanks guys! Yes 5.3l, high 6 is done. Its simple took all of a minute lol

As for the logo pat, Yup lol little bit of sanding and black enamel! Gonna try and "grab" another logo and black anodize the chrome and lime green the red!

Quick Reply: Project: Fullsized Upgrade!