Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Fullsized Upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Tell me about it. I'm going to school for Audio Engineering and work 2 part time jobs (equaling full time) and audio on the weekends and nights i'm not in class. I'm just thankful that my co-owner is a business person and can deal with customers. He'll talk to the customer for an hour while i'm in the car measuring stuff out and envisioning the final product and how to get there. I just can't stand people who won't listen to someone more knowledgeable because, "my boy told me that this is the best way to do this system and the best amp". So when it doesn't come out the way they like they complain to us like no other saying its our fault. So, we show them our work (my buddy's van) and then they shut up and just hand us the money to do what we do best with great results.

The MECP certification is a nice thing to have but honestly its a piece of paper saying that you know how wiring and such works, it doesn't say that you know what you're doing when in the real situation.

Not knocking it, i'm actually studying to take the test right now just to make the idiots of the world feel more comfortable.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:38 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Thats all I need lol. It works the same with Landscaping (full time job). We make more money because we have stickers (literally) that say Unilock authorized contractor, Permacon authorized installation company, etc. All it is, is a document I received in the mail because I sent a picture in of something I built. People feel comforted by that simple fact that they can see your trained in at least the basics of knowledge on how to do it. for $100 I can't go wrong. That's paid for after a headunit install lol. I know how to do it, I've done my 3 vehicles and countless more that some didn't even have wiring (preferred).

Old 08-29-2011, 11:44 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Damn! Nice truck.

Man you guys are forcing me to look fullsize I swear. :P

Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Haha do it!

I put AVS smoked headlight and taillight covers on today! Not as quality fit as I thought it would be but they do look good! Also put in an order for HIDs (HB, LB and fogs) and LEDs all around. Plus they through in a LED flasher for free. $233.41 plus shipping ($60) is good in my books. Now tint and I will be were I want to be until its paid off.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:17 PM

Well, been a while since an update.

Canned the light covers and the LEDs. Covers were a PITA and the signals are controlled by the BCM. No flasher would help. Plus i got sent the wrong ones. Gonna go with nite shades for the tails. With an extreme gloss clear coat.

Modded my intake to fit this truck. And wow, the amount of Qs I get about exhaust. Its factory but its pretty loud.

HID are still running! With AHL disabled.

And finally, My truck tried to play hockey

Slid into my dads truck in the driveway. It drives fine so I'm not worried about it right now. I have to fix his truck first anyway. He just need a rear bumper, tail light and some paint touch up. I need a bumper, filler panel, headlight fender and hood. So I thought, cowl hood, projector headlights and paint all the chrome, ALL OF IT! Still looking at Projectors tho. None look good on eBay but there are the 2 styles here in town and they look good one the truck.

Now might as well use this opportunity to tell you all about what I've been doing.

I work part time for a car dealership as a detailer. which basically just helps me pay bills. Other than that, I co-run my own company. Malicious Customs. For any automotive customization. We are currently authorized JL audio and HIDcanada dealers. I am recognized by HIDcanada as an installer and will soon be taking an online coarse to get closer to being certified for car audio installs. I can't wait to get rolling on this! Our product should be in next week! Toronto Custom Car show next year, SEMA comes next!

Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

eh its ok your not the only one

I slid into my dads s10 pickup and climbed on top of his bumper with my brush guard

No damage done to the blazer but i left an HUGE dent in his bumper

i took the bumper off and knocked it out then repainted the whole thing
IT looked like new

gotta replace his grille now