Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Lil' Stinker

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 11:31 AM
HotRodHearseGuy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lanaue
I believe you can't hook up the wires wrong. They're made so they only fit one connector. Your going to be so happy with that 5.3. Good Luck with your swap.
I'm thinking I'm now in good shape with what 4.3 Vortec posted plus some other sources I've managed to find in the past few days. I'm thinking I'm going to be VERY pleased as I'm upgrading the 5.3 with a set of LS1 heads and cam also before final installation of the engine between the framerails.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:03 AM
4.3vortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by HotRodHearseGuy
WOW! Pictures came out GREAT and are nice and large to view here and when I printed them off, they're nice and clear! The detail is plenty for what I'm needing to know.
i hoped they would work, i wish i had the ones showing where they plugging in on the engine, but i don't. that's all i could find on my laptop with all my crap. haha. i got A LOT on this laptop pertaining to the swap. haha. let me know if you need anything else, you can get a hold of me on here or on Facebook. they both go straight to my phone.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:47 AM

hey, just letting you know fair warning you might want to pull the pan on yours and inspect the rod's for being lose. my 6.0L had a bad knock when cold and that was my problem. i took my engine back and got me a 5.3L engine out of a tahoe and they even gave me 200$ back, witch i will be using to buy a LS1 intake. wish you the best of luck, Josh.

Old 02-27-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 4.3vortec
i hoped they would work, i wish i had the ones showing where they plugging in on the engine, but i don't. that's all i could find on my laptop with all my crap. haha. i got A LOT on this laptop pertaining to the swap. haha. let me know if you need anything else, you can get a hold of me on here or on Facebook. they both go straight to my phone.

know fair warning you might want to pull the pan on yours and inspect the rod's for being lose. my 6.0L had a bad knock when cold and that was my problem. i took my engine back and got me a 5.3L engine out of a tahoe and they even gave me 200$ back, witch i will be using to buy a LS1 intake. wish you the best of luck, Josh.
Appreciate your having sent the Friend Request on Facebook! It will definitely make viewing the pictures I've taken a lot easier at the moment as I will post ALL of the pics in the Photo Album I've started for Lil' Stinker's "upgrades". I also tend to tell a "story" with my Photo Albums when I add new pics to it. I'm hoping to get my PhotoBucket account re-activated sometime today too and then add a Photo Album there too of the pics and HOPEFULLY, the link will POST on here and be VISIBLE when folks click on it! That's the only reason I haven't posted anything here yet. For some reason, even though my album is open to the public, when you clicked on it in the Thread, Facebook would say it was unavailable.

I'm going to have to take the pan off anyway as I managed to crack it when I unloaded the engine from my friend's truck. I do appreciate the heads up on that bit of information and am hoping that I'm not going to have any issues. If I do, I CAN take it back and he will replace it for up to 90 days, which is nice considering I paid hardly anything for the engine ($450.00) and most places I checked were at least $650-$800 for the 5.3 and even higher for the 6.0 or 6.2 liter.

Old 03-01-2014, 11:08 PM

Hey Y'ALL!

I'm in the middle now of my 4.3 V6 Vortec to LS 5.3 V8 swap in my '98 Blazer LS 4x4 4-door. I had asked someone in another Group a couple of weeks ago several questions, some which were answered, but some that have not and I'm NOW at that point where I need to get these questions answered, so I'm HOPING someone has done the LS swap into a second gen S10 or Blazer and WILLING to answer.

I was told that because my Blazer is a 4x4, the standard pickup truck oil pan will work, BUT in placing the engine down into the frame rails today, its catching at the very front of the oil pan and the passenger side of the front diff. Its also looking as though I also need to move the engine forward some, but not 100% sure.

Next is the exhaust - again, have been told the stock exhaust manifolds will work - is this true or do I need to now suck up more money for a set of headers. I PREFER using stock manifolds, IF possible.

What other issues am I looking at before I get this engine into place for the final installation? One way or another, this engine WILL reside in my Blazer and be my Daily Driver once again!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

You have to either modify the oil pan or install a body lift from what I saw on horsepower TV. There are links below. (the first episode is mislabled).

Part1.
Part2.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tajohns34
You have to either modify the oil pan or install a body lift from what I saw on horsepower TV. There are links below. (the first episode is mislabled).

Part1.
Part2.
Appreciate the links and going to check them out, but was chatting with a guy on Facebook that has a slammed AWD Bravada with an LS 6.0 in his and he said he used the stock pan, so I can't figure out why mine is hitting. Needless to say, I'm frustrated at the moment, but NOT giving up!

I'm trying to figure out how a body lift will help when its the suspension that its hitting.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by HotRodHearseGuy
Appreciate the links and going to check them out, but was chatting with a guy on Facebook that has a slammed AWD Bravada with an LS 6.0 in his and he said he used the stock pan, so I can't figure out why mine is hitting. Needless to say, I'm frustrated at the moment, but NOT giving up!

I'm trying to figure out how a body lift will help when its the suspension that its hitting.
I think it all depends on the year or the truck and its like zr2 ect. But it should work. I was told F-body manifolds will work. The will be tight but will work. The body I have is a 2x4 so its gonna be easier for me. (Less money etc) but, always looking forward to your updates!!
Josh.

Posted from Motorola droid RAZR Mobile.