Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Maritime Blazin'

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Rebels01blazer is on a distinguished road

i know what ya mean my blaz was bone stock in july when i bought it a few months later it looks like it does now. but nice truck what kind of lights are u gonna yous yet? i had 4 maxtel 6" lights on top of my 4x4 yoda those are some bright lights i think i payed 350 for all 4. they would light up any trail i had ever played in. what do u think about that cherry bomb sound wise? i have some what been looking at that and flowmaster 40 but not for shure yet. whats next?

Last edited by Rebels01blazer; 10-23-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:08 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rebels01blazer
i know what ya mean my blaz was bone stock in july when i bought it a few months later it looks like it does now. but nice truck what kind of lights are u gonna yous yet? i had 4 maxtel 6" lights on top of my 4x4 yoda those are some bright lights i think i payed 350 for all 4. they would light up any trail i had ever played in. what do u think about that cherry bomb sound wise? i have some what been looking at that and flowmaster 40 but not for shure yet. whats next?
Not sure about the lights yet. There were some cheap small rectangle lights on sale at a shop here for $10 a piece....that's the only reason I was going to pick them up lol. I figured I couldn't do wrong for that price. I think I missed that sale though (they were sold out when I went), so I doubt I'll be getting the lights anytime soon.
I like the CB Turbo. It's not too obnoxious, but it's definitely there. I hear the flowmaster 40 is an amazing sounding exhaust with the 4.3 though, so I'd go with that if you have the opportunity to. I just wanted a little more sound for as little cost as possible. The Turbo was only $45.
As for what's next....nothing for a while lol. I'm taking a break for the winter I think. Gotta try and save up some cash, plus I gotta have oil to heat my home...so that extra expense eats up a lot of my cash.
If I'm lucky though, Santa will bring me a body lift (not holding out for it though...wouldn't be surprised if I didn't). If he does, then that will be going on in the spring. Hopefully some new tires in the spring too. Other then that I don't really have many plans for now.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Here's some pics I snapped last night of the LEDs. Sorry for the crappy quality. I had to over expose them so you can see them. They look awesome in person.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:23 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

those pics make me wish i had maplights but mine didnt come with any

Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 AM

i love the Blue interior leds normally i dislike blue but it looks good how many leds did u youse under the dash. was there much soldering in the gauge panel to install the leds or do they plug in? I can solder a little bit but i have only practiced on rc cars and stereo stuff. im going back through to read up on the count but im thinkin red.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:39 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
those pics make me wish i had maplights but mine didnt come with any
They are nice. They come in handy, that's for sure!

i love the Blue interior leds normally i dislike blue but it looks good how many leds did u youse under the dash. was there much soldering in the gauge panel to install the leds or do they plug in? I can solder a little bit but i have only practiced on rc cars and stereo stuff. im going back through to read up on the count but im thinkin red.
Thanks man. The LEDs are really easy to install..literally plug and play. I used 2 bulbs for the foot wells (one per side). The stock bulb just pops out and you put the LEDs in.
There is no soldering to do the gauges or HVAC. The only ones you have to solder are the things like window controls, mirror controls, 4x4, rear wiper control, dimmer switch, etc.
I think I posted the LED count and info back on page 2...take a look though. It was 6 for the gauges and 4 for the HVAC. I used the 4 left over gauge ones in the map lights (2) and foot wells (2).
If you need any help, just let me know.

Originally Posted by oktain
It'll do that lol... When I used to have the eBay filter on, if I'd floor it in 5th gear (obviously nothing happened) it'd make that "TSSSS" sound like a blow off valve when I let off the throttle... That disappeared with the better flowing K&N filter, along with my bog lol. I'm looking at a custom exhaust and a PCM tune next year lol. Wake her up a little, towing my ATV you can really feel the weight behind you... probably due to my 3.42 gears also.
And I missed this post Pat..my bad. I really don't have much problems with bogging down. I don't notice that big of a gain, which I could attribute to the filter IMO. I do plan on getting a decent one (not K&N though) at some point. I like the way it sounds like a blow off valve or a supercharger winding up though

And on a side note..I just updated the main post of my build with contents and links to all of my mods within the thread. Thought it would make it easier for ppl to navigate..

Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 AM

yeah thanx i had went back to find the count here are the ones im ordering now for the gauges i am amazed at how cheap they are thanx for the info and help.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/10pcs-194-168-Red...item2c4ccf4e81

Old 10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran

That's the good thing about LED's...they're extremely cheap!
They're the same bulbs I got...can't wait to see the red. You tend to see more blue then red. Let us know when you get them in.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah thanx i had went back to find the count here are the ones im ordering now for the gauges i am amazed at how cheap they are thanx for the info and help.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/10pcs-194-168-Red...item2c4ccf4e81
you might have to look for those LED's on ebay.com cause ebay.ca will only let you put in a canada address.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran

If you have trouble with ebay Canada I'm sure that seller is on the .com ebay. They ship all over.

Quick Reply: Project Maritime Blazin'