Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Maritime Blazin'

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Why is it always my build thread that gets hijacked

Old 01-06-2010, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Can't blame this one on Chris either... unfortunately...

Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Sooo...back to the topic of this thread (MY BUILD!! lol).
Both my roof lights are working again. I think I have a bad ground in my drivers side one since it just started working again today without me touching it. I still will be checking out the wiring to find out why it wasn't working...but for now they're working great!
If they stay on and stop being tempermental then I'll try and get some good shots from inside the truck soon for everyone.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Good to hear that they started working lol.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Nice Blazer man! How are you liking using that handheld CB? How does it compare you a regular CB? I been thinking about putting one in mine as I like to use it on the highway and a handheld would be cheaper on the wallet. Also how was you thinking about making that heat shield for the CAI I may order the same one myself.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by JRob238
Nice Blazer man! How are you liking using that handheld CB? How does it compare you a regular CB? I been thinking about putting one in mine as I like to use it on the highway and a handheld would be cheaper on the wallet. Also how was you thinking about making that heat shield for the CAI I may order the same one myself.
Thanks for the compliments man. I haven't had any issues with the handheld CB, but then again I have a fairly big whip on the roof and that's what's going to really matter (not so much the base). To tell you the truth I've never owned a regular CB, so I can't compare the 2. But I can say the handheld with the whip I have gets great range and I'm overall really happy with it. Besides that, it was free to me and it is a hell of a lot easier to mount. If you're going to get a handheld, just make sure you get a decent quality whip to pair with it.
As for the CAI I still have to make the heat shield for mine. I've been playing lazy with it lol. I have metal (actually a sheet of metal flashing off a roof) at home I just have to measure up and cut, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Once it's cut I'm going to weld it all together into a box and probably shoot it with a coat of undercoating just to protect it.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Thanks for the compliments man. I haven't had any issues with the handheld CB, but then again I have a fairly big whip on the roof and that's what's going to really matter (not so much the base). To tell you the truth I've never owned a regular CB, so I can't compare the 2. But I can say the handheld with the whip I have gets great range and I'm overall really happy with it. Besides that, it was free to me and it is a hell of a lot easier to mount. If you're going to get a handheld, just make sure you get a decent quality whip to pair with it.
As for the CAI I still have to make the heat shield for mine. I've been playing lazy with it lol. I have metal (actually a sheet of metal flashing off a roof) at home I just have to measure up and cut, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Once it's cut I'm going to weld it all together into a box and probably shoot it with a coat of undercoating just to protect it.
Cool man. I like the idea of a handheld just for the simple fact I could remove it from the truck and continue to talk or whatever. Another thing I was gonna ask that I dont think you mentioned is how do you power it? Are you just using batteries or do you have it hooked up to a power source?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by JRob238
Cool man. I like the idea of a handheld just for the simple fact I could remove it from the truck and continue to talk or whatever. Another thing I was gonna ask that I dont think you mentioned is how do you power it? Are you just using batteries or do you have it hooked up to a power source?
I could run batteries, but that's just a pain. I have a cigarette lighter charger for it that I use.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:50 AM
BF Veteran

Well, time to dust off ye old build thread. It dropped to page 3 over the winter!! . Anywho, as I stated before it's not going to be a big modding year for me. I plan on just doing maintenance and general upkeep through out the year (yeah I know, boring right?). I MIGHT (big maybe) dive into a small shackle and tbar lift late this year, but we'll see how it goes.
Anyway, here's my list of stuff I need as of right now..

-Distributor Cap
-Distributor Rotor
-Plugs & Wires
-O2 sensor
-Thermostat
-New (or removed) Cat convertor
-New Tires
-Front drivers side hub assembly
-Rear rotors and pads
-New axle seals

Quite a list. Everytime I write it out it seems to get longer and longer lol. The cap/rotor and wires I'm going to pick up tonight and install them on the weekend. The thermostat is only $12, so I'll probaly pick that up sometime too. The O2 sensor is high on my priority list since right now my mpg's are killing me in gas bills.
New tires are by far the biggest expense. I hope to get them before the summer, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it or not. We'll see. I'd like to get a nice set of A/T's.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:34 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Not a bad bunch of maintenance youhave laid out before you.
It will be good to see a few shots of your truck getting your hands dirty and not just being a camera *****

Quick Reply: Project Maritime Blazin'