Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Maritime 'Hoe

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Default Project Maritime 'Hoe

Figured I'd start up another build thread for my new truck. I know it's not a Blazer, but it started out as one.

For now, I don't have any plans for it. Just use it as my DD. I'm going to try and pay down a lot of my debt first and then possibly look into modding it. Right off the bat it needs a wheel bearing, pitman arm and from sway bar bushings. It also has a kink and pinhole exhaust leak, so I need to get a new section of pipe and put that in.

Pics:

(yes I know the bumper is rotten)

Old 01-20-2011, 08:54 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

From what I can see, other than the bumper rot(lol) it looks like a pretty solid truck.
Good luck with this one!

Last edited by cbr995; 01-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Nice pick up on the truck, if you're not using the blazer, imo trade wheels, drop your trail lights onto it. do anything you can to make it feel at home like your blazer was

Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

can't trade wheels... different lug pattern (heavier running gear)

Alex, It looks like a nice ride you've got there. I know you aren't planning on modding or anything like that for a while. Enjoy the new rig.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:51 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

so um.... leather and Bosco.... probably should buy yourself some crappy seat cover for the back so his nails don't rip up the leather. or some old towels.

great looking "new" truck though

Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 97CountryJukeboxLt
Nice pick up on the truck, if you're not using the blazer, imo trade wheels, drop your trail lights onto it. do anything you can to make it feel at home like your blazer was
As Curtis mentions below...different bolt pattern so I cant swap wheels. also the tires I had are 15". The 'hoe has 16's on it. I probably won't move the lights over to the tahoe either. If I do they won't be roof mounted. I think they're wayyy too small in proportion to the truck and would looks stupid. I may mount them to the front bumper though.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
can't trade wheels... different lug pattern (heavier running gear)

Alex, It looks like a nice ride you've got there. I know you aren't planning on modding or anything like that for a while. Enjoy the new rig.
Thanks Curtis

Originally Posted by MTopper
so um.... leather and Bosco.... probably should buy yourself some crappy seat cover for the back so his nails don't rip up the leather. or some old towels.

great looking "new" truck though
Yeah I'm not sure what I'll do about bosco. To be honest he likes riding in the trunk anyway, so I'll probably pickup one of those pet dividers.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

That sounds like a good idea. I'm glad you found something you like.

Old 01-20-2011, 04:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

like Matt said, it looks to be a fairly solid truck you found. andyopu defiantely need to hit that interior with a shampoo detail!

Originally Posted by 97CountryJukeboxLt
imo trade wheels
i know you've already been corrected, but have you not noticed the obvious size difference between the 2 trucks or the extra lug on a 'Hoe?

Originally Posted by MTopper
like you already said Alex, let him ride in the cargo area. as for the divider........i have one that someone gave me for Mopar, but i never needed it (he knew where his "seat" was). if you are still coming out here this Summer, and haven't picked one up yet, you can have mine.

too bad you're so far away, i could use your rubber.

at least you have a few more members around you now, so the parting out of Maritime Blazer will go to good homes.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I suppose I missed something. I saw the sig saying RIP on the blazer. What happened?

Congrads on the new truck.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Brianator99
I suppose I missed something. I saw the sig saying RIP on the blazer. What happened?

Congrads on the new truck.
And I was t-boned Brian. There's 2 threads about it actually...in the General Chat board.

Quick Reply: Project Maritime 'Hoe