Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project Ohio Blaze

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Project Green Demond!

Okay Here's My Blazer Build. It's A 97 Blazer LS 4x4. 70k on the clock. I have already done somethings to it, and I'll get pics of those soon. My parents got the truck in June 09 and gave it to me for my 16 b-day ind late August of 09. Once That happened I started to work on it a little, but now my project is actually coming some where and it's not just your average Blazer on the road.

Well to start this is what I already have done

Sound System:
It came with a Sony xplod gt-100 head unit and kicker speakers, so it's not the best sounding system, but it's better than stock

Cb Radio:
It is a uniden pc68xl with a lil will antenna

Power Inverter:
Its a 400w inverter, that is wired straight to the battery

Chrome Exhaust Tip:
Just for S&G's

Removed Steps:
I hated those from day one, Pain in the but to remove though

Things I have fixed so far:

4x4:
The Vacuum Switch and the actuator where shot

Cig Lighter Jacks:
They were broken and unhooked

Exhaust Leak:
This was past the muffler, I used tape to fix it

Pics yet to come!

Yet to come: Tint front windows, off road lights, exhaust system, cai, shackles, new tail lights, red LEDs in dash, Weather tech floor mats, Mesh grille, and much more.

Today I bought 35% tint for my front windows (yes i know it's illegal here in ohio) but anyway it became a disaster, ruined the whole roll, lol... I had a brain fart to say the least.

So, tomorrow I'm gonna buy a new roll and try it again.

The pic was taken when i fist got her, More coming!

Attached Thumbnails Project Ohio Blaze-dscn0896.jpg  

Last edited by 96chevblazer; 11-03-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Good to see mods coming to your truck!
Be sure to post up pics though, even ones of the mods you already have done. Where did you mount your CB? I plan on getting one some day...but I haven't decided where to mount it.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 PM

Thanks! And congrats on the promotion to mod!
Oh I will get some pics! On the CB I'll just have to show you the mount I made, It required no drilling into the dash.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Thanks. Glad to be part of the team

And I'm interested to see this bracket lol...no drilling eh?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 PM

No drilling it just wedges in place, there is duct tape on the bottom on the mount to give it "traction". Just a Simple wood mount but works better than anything you can buy

Attached Thumbnails Project Ohio Blaze-p1000105.jpg   Project Ohio Blaze-p1000103-1-.jpg   Project Ohio Blaze-p1000104.jpg  
Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran

Hmmm...interesting idea. That wouldn't work so well in my truck though since it would cancel out the "tray" that is in front of the cup holders that houses a lot of stuff...my change, smokes, gum, bridge pass...etc lol. Beyond that it would make the ash tray and lighter non-accessible which would be a pain for me. Nice idea though, but I don't think it would work for me.
I was thinking of mounting mine to the right of the steering column. it's a fairly narrow spot, but I think I'll be getting a narrow CB. I don't really mind drilling my dash.

Old 11-02-2009, 08:22 PM

It is a pain w/ the floor shifter and cb to get a drink outta the cup holder

You know if you wouldn't use your cb much you could put it under your seat, It doesn't look as cool but it's outta the way

Old 11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
BF Veteran

That's an idea too. I'd like to find someway to fit it up by the rear view on the map light console. I'm not sure it would fit there without obstructing my rear view though. Probably won't be for a while anyway. A CB isn't on top of my priority list for the truck lol...more of my dream list.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 AM

The Sony xplod Gt-100

My Exhaust Fix

The chrome tip, It sticks out a lil far I need to cut the pipe

Painted Frame Rails With Rustoleum Undercoating

Next thing to paint, They are the Wiper Arms

Painted tow hooks, need to be repainted and cleared

The 400w Power inverter, It works great, I have it under the drivers seat, and the master power switch in the center console

The master switch for the power inverter

Any Questions or just want to see more just ask!

Last edited by 96chevblazer; 11-03-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 AM
BF Veteran

Nice cheap fix you got there...

Quick Reply: Project Ohio Blaze