Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project phoenix: 98 4x4x4 revival

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Project phoenix: 98 4x4x4 revival

SO, as most of you on the forum know... I f'ed my blazer up hitting a deer, and it got totaled. This will be the thread to house pictures of the rebirth of it.

Current Plans:
Replace radiator and supports
Remove all front body pieces
Clean the engine compartment
Remove/Replace the AC
Junkyard crawl for front body pieces
Debadge
Flat black primer front end

Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

This'll be an interesting build... While your crawling around the junkyard, look for a V8 that'd drop in lol...

Old 10-25-2009, 12:09 AM
BF Veteran

Pictures to come next weekend...
Ripped out the rad support, as well as removed the bumper, ac condenser, and managed to push the fenders back to into the doors... Looks like we (me and the fiancee's father) will be running through Neal's Pull and Save and trying to grab a few pieces... depending on how fast we can go... looks like getting a rad/rad support and condensor, and possibly fenders and hood...

Now for the bumper... one bumper mount was twisted (is that frame damage?)
But since the Fiancee's father has some extensive welding experience, I was going to spec up a "boxy bumper" and eliminate the need for a brush guard and possibly go up and replace the grill....

Pics and more to come next weekend.... Hopefully I will get some parts on monday and get it back and running soon

Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Project "Pheonix" eh? I like that name a lot. Can't wait to see it back up and on the road . I'll be following this build.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:27 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wlorton
Now for the bumper... one bumper mount was twisted (is that frame damage?)

Good to see that you're starting some work on it. As for that bumper mount I don't believe it counts as long as the front of the frame isn't bent in or out. I had to lop off my s10s bumper mount and weld on a new one. Wasn't too bad.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM
BF Veteran

Well.. it was put on hold, but now I am up scouring the interwebs for parts... I have found some decent deals on ebay, and was going to get the lights there, and possibly the radiator and supports there as well, but it depends... was also thinking of ripping off the front fenders and hood and leaving it like that... lol... If I get parts ordered by the end of the week, could be puttin around town before thanksgiving!!! woot woot...

Old 11-08-2009, 05:31 PM

Sweet! Can't wait to see some progress

Old 11-08-2009, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Same lights I was looking at last night lol.

Look like good prices to me. Have you priced out the condenser and radiator at a parts yard yet? I'm sure you could get a good deal and flush them out, but depends on what you want. For the core support I'd buy it new, looks like a reasonable price to, I think I paid 80 for mine for my 94.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by sporty_drew
Same lights I was looking at last night lol.

Look like good prices to me. Have you priced out the condenser and radiator at a parts yard yet? I'm sure you could get a good deal and flush them out, but depends on what you want. For the core support I'd buy it new, looks like a reasonable price to, I think I paid 80 for mine for my 94.
Yea... 50 bucks plus i pull it... and thats USED, so i figure, pay a little more for NEW should be worth it in the end... right?

Quick Reply: Project phoenix: 98 4x4x4 revival