Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Sadie

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010 | 04:57 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

nice looking truck. you pull anything with it?

i personally have never been impressed with their pulling power. that's just my opinion though. but when you pull with a duramax everything seems under powered

Old 11-24-2010 | 10:44 PM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Thanks, yeah I'm glad I traded up, but I definitely want another Blazer with the 5.3 in it... Muahahaha

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:00 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Alot of guys are saying go for the 6.0 now. Better heads, lower comp. easier to boost.

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:09 AM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

F the 6.0... new 6.2 all the way lmao.

Got her ready for winter today:

Went from this:

to this:

to this:

It got cold enough that i needed to upgrade from my sweater to an actual coat, so I figured before it's -30 out I had better swap over. That and I've been slowly watching my gas mileage drop...

Correct me if I'm wrong (Kyle) but I assume that if my intake is sucking in that much cold air the engine has to throw more fuel into the mixture. I know my carb'd snowmobile love cold days but runs rich on mild days. I'm assuming it's the same situation here but the FI system keeps the A/F mixture where its supposed to be at all times... hence my hypothesis that I'm actually burning more fuel with the really cold air. I'm hoping the stock intake will help warm the IT's up a bit. We shall see.

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:15 AM

It will probably help but your gonna lose MPG either way. Its winter, Its to be expected lol.

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:22 AM
|
BF Veteran

I know lol, with the Blazer I lost about 50km of intown driving per tank in the winter lol.

I cleaned my MAF too, so hopefully that'll make some difference (assuming it was dirty). I just think that the stock intake will lessen the drop in fuel mileage.

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:25 AM

Yea. Do what ya can!

Old 11-25-2010 | 05:49 PM
|
BF Veteran

If anything it'll keep the salt off of my K&N filter... I can't see that being too healthy for anything lol.

Old 11-25-2010 | 05:55 PM

Haha yea, only costly to get a new one.

Old 11-25-2010 | 07:49 PM
|
BF Veteran

Did you subscribe to my build thread? lmfao

Quick Reply: Project: Sadie