Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Sadie

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default Project: Sadie

Also known as Project: Make Alex (Sisk) green with envy

Nothing tooo special. Pics will come of most things.

What I started off with:
2006 GMC Sierra RCSB Z-71
Magnaflow CBE, K&N FIPK, Vinyl Floors, Power everything.

Step one:
Bought the truck, here's a pic of Sadie next to Layla. Don't regret the trade... do miss the Blazer though (for sentimental reasons only)

Step Two:
Took that ugly *** chrome bug deflector off

Step Three:
Removed chrome door handles

Pics coming

Step Four:
Fought with the dealership for 2 weeks to get the stock intake for the winter... I was promised a box of stock parts that was traded in with the truck, but the day I picked up the truck the parts were nowhere to be found. After pocking and prodding I finally lit a flame under their *** with "You'll be taking your fcking truck back if you keep it up" I got all new AC Delco parts instead of junkyard parts that they were initially going to give me. Put it in and it quieted my exhaust down while dropping my mpg's by ~ 1... I'll probably put the K&N back in when it stops raining.

Pics coming

Step Five:
Bought new tires, got a smokin' hot deal on a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires. With the trade for my Dueller A/T's (POS tires ) and my discount for being a Bell employee (Bell has some sort of sweetheart deal with Goodyear where we only use their tires when we replace the ones from factory)

Again, pics coming

Step Six:
Replaced vinyl flooring with CARPET! Helped interior sound deadening alot and the exhaust drone is alot quieter, it's actually bearable now.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Nice Gonna black out the bumper to? I think a dark-gray (like the fender flares) would be awesome.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

GET THIS CRAP OUT!... lol, jk, If this continues, I believe it will be one B.A. truck...

Can't wait to see more!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:11 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Very Nice! I hate you, But Very Nice!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:02 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I forgot to mention that I swapped out those ugly molded flaps for less bulky ones... overall I love the look of my truck now, like my Blazer it had "a little chrome, lots of black". Rims next year... going with 20's and probably another set of Wrangler Silent Armors. Did I mention they're "Snow-flake approved"? meaning they're all seasons that give me that winter-tire insurance discount

Took some lousy cell pics at the underground parking at work today... I actually had my truck because I stuck around downtown after work instead of carpooling with my dad.

No more Chrome door handles:

Raised white letter FTW:

New flaps:

Clicky for old flaps:

New tires "fill out" the flares better than the old:

And... SHE LIVES! Gave my dad's truck a boost a few weeks ago I actually forgot about this pic:

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Nice Gonna black out the bumper to? I think a dark-gray (like the fender flares) would be awesome.
umm... no lol, I'm not doing backyard body work to my twenty thousand dollar truck... I refused to do it to my $7k Blazer.

Originally Posted by wlorton
GET THIS CRAP OUT!... lol, jk, If this continues, I believe it will be one B.A. truck...

Can't wait to see more!
More will come... slowly though, funds are a little short. **** or tires, it costs money (didn't say that)

Originally Posted by cbr995
Very Nice! I hate you, But Very Nice!
I sorta kinda hate you for actually getting a nice Xtreme... So s'all good lmao.

Thanks for the compliments guys... I know everyone on BF.com is too nice to tell me its ugly, but thanks lmfao

Last edited by oktain; 06-28-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looking good glad you decided to ditch the chrome door handles looks much better

Old 06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

umm... no lol, I'm not doing backyard body work to my twenty thousand dollar truck... I refused to do it to my $7k Blazer.
Ah ok :P And I don't think it's ugly

Old 06-29-2010, 06:05 PM
BF Veteran

Put the K&N FIPK back in after work tonight.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:42 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

You say ugly, i say beautiful... i'd honestly do the same "trade" in a heartbeat. i love the blazers, but i love full sized better

Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I think it's a great looking truck. I would love to have that truck.

Quick Reply: Project: Sadie