Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Project: Sadie

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011 | 02:42 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

good call on denali lights. i think they'd look good on your truck

Old 02-11-2011 | 07:47 AM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Thanks, I'm pretty pumped to get my job back in April so I can order them and everything else lol.

I'll be honest, I can't wait to run HID's again, but I NEED a relay harness for them. I could easily make my own but I'm not sure where to get the necessary plugs for it.

Last edited by oktain; 02-11-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-11-2011 | 10:17 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Relay harness? What exactly do you mean?

Last edited by cbr995; 02-12-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Really harness? lol
Old 02-11-2011 | 10:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i've heard that the newer Sierra/Silverado's need a realy harness for the HID swap.

guess he shoulda stuck with his plug-n-play Blazer, eh?

Old 02-12-2011 | 02:38 AM
BF Veteran

honestly, any car can use a relay. it just "helps" with the hook up of the HID. it helps with the electrical draw. i hear this crap every day from my "boss" with his business

Old 02-12-2011 | 09:31 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

oh, i know every install could benifit from using relays, it's just some require it to reduce the draw required.

i've also read about some installs warning of possible fire hazards if they're not used.

Old 02-13-2011 | 01:09 AM
BF Veteran

yeah... i'm learning all the ins and outs of HIDs and window tinting now so i'm just going off basic learning and such. i'd probably benefit from it with the draw of my system.

lets see what happens

Old 02-13-2011 | 09:54 PM
|
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

03+ Fullsize trucks NEED them. The inconsistent power draw at start up makes the PCM think there's something wrong and throws the truck into a "Reduced power mode", or a limp mode.

When this happens my truck sounds like it's running a lumpy cam but has the horsepower of a Prius.

I unplugged the low beam relay, restarted the truck and NO issue, I pulled the HID's out in June, and no issues since WHATSOEVER.

Did some research and the use of a relay to send (fused) power straight to the HID's is needed.

Old 04-04-2011 | 01:00 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Could you maybe post up a thread about it. Like make a sticky about ANY HID install using relays. I'm still not quite familiar with Fullsizechevy.com. Its like meeting your GFs crazy family lol. I'm still recovering from that one lol.

Anyways, was it you that said you can use 2 sets of 9005 (or 9006. can't remember).

Old 04-04-2011 | 01:14 PM
|
BF Veteran

Problem is the 9005's which are high beam (you can use them) require some modification to the headlight housing. The "neck" of the bulb where it fits into the hole of the housing is also too small, you'd need a spacer to take up the extra room.

Here Brad: HID Relay Kit

How does it feel to be a noob on a forum again? lol... "Search next time "

Quick Reply: Project: Sadie