Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Re: 1989 Blazer build (2wd)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 09:00 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road
Default Not sure if good or bad

Sorry about work, no paycheck in 3 months then say laid off, geez think felt like that before hand. Hope it works out, have faith usually I find things have a reason and always seems like the change ends up for the better!

Old 07-20-2020, 09:36 PM
Starting Member
jaymzz is on a distinguished road

Agreed and that's how I am looking at it. All things happen for a reason.

Old 09-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Starting Member

Been a while since I have been here. The Blazer is sitting in the shop waiting on a rendering of what it's going to look like before I continue. Due to the local forest fires I have a friends project in my shop so absolutely no room to work until he finds somewhere to put his car and that might be a while because his car and some clothes are all he has left.

But that doesn't mean I haven't been busy! I have been back at work for a few weeks now and it is beautiful! Besides work Here are a couple Blazers I picked up. (Yes I have an addiction!) lol

1998 2wd Blazer. It is super clean and getting ready to throw all my old suspension and big brakes on it from my 89. I picked up a LQ9 for it and a couple hair dryers now trying to figure out if I want to run a six speed or turbo 400 but leaning towards the 400 for the drag strip.

And a 1993 GMC Typhoon! I have wanted another one since 1993 after I rolled my last one being a stupid kid. This one has 71,000 miles on it and super clean and even still has the owners manual and back cargo net. I am try to resist the mod bug and leave this one mostly stock with some wheels, better brakes and maybe coilovers in the next couple years.

When I went to look at it and buy it.

Picked it up yesterday and couldn't get a good picture because of all the smoke and ash.

Old 09-10-2020, 06:44 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

That's awesome!!! I always liked the typhoons...

best of luck to your budy and hope it doesnt get too bad around there...

Old 09-10-2020, 06:49 PM
Starting Member

The fires are really bad here. I have a few friends that have lost their homes and businesses. I live in Salem Oregon and we are completely surrounded by fires.

Old 09-30-2020, 07:47 PM
Starting Member

Since my 89 Blazer is on hold and after driving the Typhoon it needs some work badly. I ordered a billet front driveshaft and all new front suspension including upper and lower control arms with coilovers. Can't drive it because the front driveshaft is about to fall out and made an interesting noise when boost hit. :haha:
And also did a a little to my daily. Amazing how wheels and some carbon fiber will change the looks of a car drastically.

Old 10-01-2020, 10:40 AM
Beginning Member
Frank Bukowski is on a distinguished road

Made my day to see more posts from you Jaymzz !! Congratulations on scoring the Typhoon , definitely a truck worth keeping !!! Really looking forward to reading more posts from you 😎

Last edited by Frank Bukowski; 10-01-2020 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:53 AM
BF Veteran

That's a nice camaro. Do you still have the TB SS?

Old 10-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Starting Member

No sold the TBSS about a month ago to buy the Typhoon. First and last mid to late 2000 gm I will ever own. Loved driving the TBSS but was always having some problem or another with it and most of the parts were discontinued. I did think about keeping it for an investment but while everything worked on it sold it. lol

Old 04-07-2021, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran

Hope all is well in these times!

any updates?

Quick Reply: Re: 1989 Blazer build (2wd)