Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

S Cursion

Old 12-21-2010, 09:07 PM
POWERSTROKEN is on a distinguished road
Default S Cursion

I just aquired a 99 S 10 Blazer LS 4x4 with 146,XXX on the clock and a bad tranny. I have some 31" Super Swamper LTB's that happen to be on steel beadlocks. I might try to get them on there for starters. My ultimate goal is to do a SAS with Toyota axles that I happen to have and they are really built. I also have a Marlin Crawler dual ultimate t case setup with 4.7, and 2.28 gears, I also have the Advanced adapters, adapter to mate the Toy cases to the 4L60E. I know this isnt the ultimate swap, but I happen to have these and they are the most expensive parts of the build. My Toy axles consist of 85 front trussed top, and bottom, shaved bottom, shaved drain plug, 4:88 V6 third with ARB airlocker, ARP studs throughout, diff guard, welded solid steering stops, SKY widening kit, IFS calipers, V6 vented rotors, IFS hubs, and spindle, heat treated hub gears, Longfield 300M shafts, 58" WMS/WMS. Rear axle is a 95 IFS, trussed both sides top, diff guard, shaved drain plug, Front Range Off Road FF alloy axle kit, IFS hubs, and spindles, ARP studs throughout, 4:88 V6 spool, V6 vented rotors, and calipers, heat treated, and frozen hub gears. I think thats it? Marlin Crawler dual ultimate t cases with 4.7, 2.28 gears, billet rotated adapter, dual 23 spline, 30 spline output, tripple drilled flanges. I believe this would be a really sweet set up for a daily driven trail rig. Tire size will depend on the final drive ratio. I do not want to go too big. And full width axles are out because I need to try to keep it street legal. More to come. Thanks Jim

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-s10-front.jpg   S Cursion-s10-rh-side.jpg   S Cursion-s10-lhf-side.jpg   S Cursion-s10-lh-side.jpg   S Cursion-s10-rear.jpg  

Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 PM

Some of my wish list: lift kit, axles, t case, wheels, tires, HID's, LED's throughout, spare tire carrier, tranny cooler, Amsoil, vent visors, bug shield, cowl hood, custom bumpers, slidders, tranny rebuild, roof rack. This is an awesome site, and I have gotten some great idea's from here. I'd love to find someone who has done the Toy axle swap to see the pro's and con's of the swap. I am not looking to run huge tires, but I am not a big fan of IFS. Thanks Jim

Last edited by POWERSTROKEN; 12-21-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:13 PM

Ideally I love the first gen S 10 Blazer's, and the CPI W 4.3. I am not a big fan of the rounded body S 10's. I'm sure it will grow on me. Jim

Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I have seen some cool blazers of both body styles but I will admit I do love the first gens but then again I own one lol. Good luck with the project though looks like a fun one.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:32 PM

Well with nothing better to do this Xmas day. I decided to change the oil, and swith to Amsoil and filter, change the fuel filter, instal a K&N air filter, add a quart of tranny fluid, (seemed low, has no reverse) still no reverse. Found out the 31" LTB's I have on Pro Comp Rock Crawler wheels do NOT fit the Blazer. That sucks. I thought I could throw these on until I could go SAS.

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-photo.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:14 PM

I am thinking about one of these hoods. http://www.cincyramairhoods.com/chev...lazerhood.html

I love the Cowl Induction hoods, but this one is funtional with the optional airbox. Not much use for off road , but cold air still good for performance. I'd really like a snorkle but cant seem to find one. I saw a thread on ZR2 about a retrofit, but since I am not a paying member or a ZR2 owner I cannot view the pics. I did find out that the rear axle has a WMS/WMS width of 59" which is the same as my Toy axle. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not yet? Jim

Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 PM

This may not be for this build, but I do have these axles that need built. 2 1/2 ton Rockwells with alot of goodies. The housing is shaved, I am not sure what the stock axle size is, but they are 16 spline. I have new 2", 47 spline, gun drilled axles from Ouverson eng. Ouverson's 47 spline Ultra locker, Ouverson's billet U joints, Ouverson's Rockwell girdle, and pinion brake, plus rebuild parts. Jim

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-rockwell-front.jpg   S Cursion-rockwell-front-2.jpg   S Cursion-rockwell-front-3.jpg   S Cursion-rockwell-front-4.jpg   S Cursion-rockwell-front-5.jpg  

Old 01-05-2011, 11:11 PM

Some Rockwell parts

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-016.jpg   S Cursion-phone-041.jpg   S Cursion-phone-102.jpg   S Cursion-rockwells-038.jpg   S Cursion-phone-042.jpg  

Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 PM

More Parts

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-rockwells-036.jpg   S Cursion-phone-043.jpg   S Cursion-feb-21-2009-025.jpg   S Cursion-gaskets-seals.jpg   S Cursion-oem-joint.jpg  

Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 PM

Well, I went scrounging around some junkyards this weekend. I scored a tubular hitch, replacement tranny (Mine doesn't have reverse), steering column from a floor shift Jimmy, rear mounted swing away tire carrier. Baby steps, but a start. I'll get some pics. Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.