Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

S Cursion

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:24 PM
POWERSTROKEN is on a distinguished road

Removed bumper for hitch instal, Removed spare tire, and mount. Jim

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-spare-removal.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM

Cleaned everything up and painted it. Got the hitch on, and tranny ready to go. One bummer is I found out the adapter's needed for this tranny to fit my dual Toyota cases will cost around $900...OUCH Jim

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-hitch.jpg   S Cursion-tranny.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Before the rain comes. I decided to do some test fitting if you will. This is about what I would like to see. I only jacked up the Blazer and rolled the wheels, and tires into place. The bolt pattern is diferent and doesn't sit flush with the wheel mounting surface. So the tires will not sit out as wide as in the pics. Tires are 35 x 14.50 20 on Trail Ready 20 x 10 Beadlock's. Jim

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-potential-sideview.jpg   S Cursion-front-test-fit.jpg   S Cursion-test-fit.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 11:25 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sounds like it's coming along. sucks about that pricey adaptor, but you're kinda dead in the water without it.

just from thoe last 3 pic's you threw up, i'd say you're gonna need to trim quite a bit from the front, of go up another 2 -3" easily.

those Rockwell's would be killer under your truck, but i don't think i could have them shortened (to keep them legal). that just not right.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 AM

I'd love to find a second S10 to put the Rockwells in just for a play toy. I know it will have to go higher and or be trimmed I was at the max of my jack without spacers and rain was on it's way in. I am not sure if this is possible or not, but if I cut I would like to move the wheelbase forward and rearward some. I dont want the wheelwells to look silly though. I would try to stay in the 33" range but my gears are 4:88's and im wondering if 35's are tall enough? I'd rather not regear. Thanks Jim

Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 PM

I finally got my HID's, and I picked up an Astro van box. The parts gathering continue's. Jim

Attached Thumbnails S Cursion-s10-blazer-hid-kits.jpg   S Cursion-astro-van-box.jpg