Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Slow Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road
Default Slow Build

so i just realized that i forgot to start a build thread for darla, so here we go playing catch up.
shes a 2000 blazer lt that had 111k when i got her. now she sits at 120k.

and here come pics,
the day i got her

my first addition, kenwood hu, mtx 10, alpine amp

then i added some projector head lights, didnt like the bumper lights they came with. took my stock ones with factory fogs to work and painted them up.

then came the roof rack

and then yesterday i added roof lights, dropped the roof rack down and spun it 90 degrees. as well as leveled out the front end a bit, with the t-bar.

and all lit up

also added some blue leds that come on when the doors open.plan on adding more though. this was just to see if the strips from harbor freight work decently.

and then my switch panel for when i add more lights around the roof rack and when i add a bull bar.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Starting Member

thinking about a push bar instead of a bull bar. something like this so that i can add more lights.

also thinking about the big 3 upgrade and an upgraded altenator

Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Starting Member

Looking at an ad244 swap, any one know what I need to get to do one?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:55 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Just the AD244 and a belt that is 1" longer, I think. The s10forum has a 'how to' on it somewhere.

Edit: I found it. http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f27/ho...r-80-a-376788/

Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Starting Member

Thanks thogert. I will be doing this next payday

Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Starting Member

still trying to decide between bull bars and grill guards. found this one which would be nice when i decide to lift it.
which guard do yall think i should go with

and what do you guys think of the blazer so far?

Last edited by Blazer_LT; 03-12-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:49 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Lookin' good my friend.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Starting Member

thank you very much thogert. i was beginning to wonder if i was lookin bad. or sumthin. every build thread i have seen is usually exploded with comments. does anyone have suggestions on what to do after alternator. for cheap options i have reverse lights mounted on the rack, grille inserts, and rear door speakers. for stuff on the more expensive side i could go for a new cat/muffler (is it worth taking to a shop, or should i talk my uncle into letting me use his TIG machine), bull bar, the bumper light idea that i had(shouldnt be too expensive, just time consuming with all the wiring).

also should say what the bumper light idea i had was: fill the holes where the moulding goes with on the front bumper with led bolts. like these,
Bolt Beam Bulb Specifications
tied in to the running lights in the head light so that they would be runners and blinkers.
of course using a relay.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
BF Veteran

The bumper lights would be cool, but you may run into problems with them blinking and being running lights. When I put my leds in the bumper, my corner lights stopped being running lights, they will only blink now. You might get this problem when wiring them into the corner lights, or you might not.

I'm not 100% sure how the stock setup works, but the voltage is reversed by turning on the blinkers. That's not a problem with filiment bulbs, but with leds, it becomes an issue.

If you are set on them being both you can get some of these 'Magic Blinkers' and then they will be both.

You can wire them up just as parking lights though. That would be cool too.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Lookin' good!

I personally like brush guards better because they have more function to them. They protect the whole front end. The grill guard is mostly for looks imo. So it all comes down to function over style or style over function. Just my .02.

Lights look good on both though.

Quick Reply: Slow Build