Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Slow Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

i already axed my original plan of a bull bar. i just dont want the head light guards because in my opinion they would look bad with my head lights. hmm i just remembered that i need to wire up those halos lol.

and thanks for the input tibby. i was lookin at your cb thread and thinking about adding one too. but i want to do the rear tire carrier mod and mount the antenna there

Old 03-14-2012, 01:09 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Blazer_LT
i already axed my original plan of a bull bar. i just dont want the head light guards because in my opinion they would look bad with my head lights. hmm i just remembered that i need to wire up those halos lol.

and thanks for the input tibby. i was lookin at your cb thread and thinking about adding one too. but i want to do the rear tire carrier mod and mount the antenna there
Lol, you never know until you try. I haven't seen too many blazers 98+ with brush guards. But either way you can't go wrong.

And everything just got hooked up earlier today with the cb and antenna. I had a choice of doing it how I have now or using a mount and putting it on the brush guard. I went this way instead of the brush guard way. But it seems like everybody wants to mount it on the spare tire rack. I chose not to because I didn't want to mess with any of the spare tire rack components when you start drilling. Plus it seems like a tight fit for the screws on the rack too.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Starting Member

for now i might go buy a nice cb and run the wire up for the roof rack. just see if i like it and not spend to much time making it look pretty. being as i am one of few of my friends that even knows what a wrench is. and the one buddy i do have that would be into cb'in it up with me sold his hoopty passport. and is careless. i just like the look of the antenna but i cant stand to put an antenna somewhere and it be useless. was lookin at window mounts. tho they suck i like the look of them. i like to have a total plan and then i always change my mind and switch it up.

im partially ocd with my blazer too. in the way that when it is warm and i am dry everything will be perfect, when it is cold and i am wet from wa's beautiful and legendary rain i will fix it another day. lol

Old 08-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Starting Member

finally got something else done on the blazer. cut out the exhaust and replaced it with a cherry bomb turbo. she sounds great. next up is some leafs a lil bit of tlc. then some new shocks and leaf packs in the rear. eventually i am gunna put some tube bumpers on there