Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

So It Starts! - 1970 Chevelle Resto

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default So It Starts! - 1970 Chevelle Resto

I don't know how much time I'm going to have to work on this, but I have started the process! My Chevelle is now out of the barn and just waiting for my dad to get the backhoe out of the shop. I'll be taking up a small corner of his 40x60 shop for the next few years! LMAO!!

Here it is! Rough, raw, and hasn't seen the light of day in over 10 years!!

Click on the picture above to view the album.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: So It Starts! - 1970 Chevelle Resto

Gotta like it. I like the early ones a little more, till 67. My brother had one like yours, either 70 or 71 can't remember with a 307 though. Still was a nice car.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can tell a '70 from a '71 or '72 very easily... The '70 was the only year in that body style with the quad headlights. In '71 they went to the one headlight per side with the turn signals mounted to the outside of them at the corner.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Yeah I'm 99% sure it was a 70, but they haven't had it for a while now. Then were the 72's with 2 piece markers? I remember something like that to tell the difference between the 71s and 72.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

That'll be your "workin' fire" response vehicle!

Old 07-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

Yeah I'm 99% sure it was a 70, but they haven't had it for a while now. Then were the 72's with 2 piece markers? I remember something like that to tell the difference between the 71s and 72.
The '71 and '72 marker lenses and grill were interchangeable. I do believe that the '71 marker lights, while being 1 piece, were split with a horizontal bar separating the lower and upper sections, matching the grill which also had 1 horizontal bar splitting the upper & lower sections much the same as the '70 grill.

In '72, the grill lost the splitter making it more monotonous, IMHO...

ORIGINAL: FFJustin99Chevy

That'll be your "workin' fire" response vehicle!
When I'm done with it, this thing won't be going anywhere near a fire scene!! LMAO!

I'm not going to keep it red anyway. I'm planning on a nice heavy metallic dark blue with probably black stripes. I don't want it to stick out, but I still want it to be recognizable.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Looked through the whole album, you've got a great starting point! Rust doesn't seem to be too bad throughout, no?

Old 07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Not too bad no... My cousin and I are going to remove the front clip Wednesday. We'll see how the firewall is on the sides...

Old 07-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Say the word Kyle, I'll be on the road and will grab a few cases of Yuengling on the way!!

Old 07-02-2007, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Great Kyle, keep us posted on it. I'll have to take some pictures of my dad's 67 RS/SS Camaro when we are finished restoring it. I'll also have to take some pictures of my uncle's 69 SS 396 Chevelle.

Quick Reply: So It Starts! - 1970 Chevelle Resto