Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

A thoroughly British Blazer Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Lippyp is on a distinguished road

Yeah Big 3 is on my list, I know a load of car audio fanatics so they'll be able to help me out there.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:18 PM
Starting Member
Dobe Rottie Gang is on a distinguished road

Its only 3 cables you have to change.

Ground from battery.
Ground from engine.
Live from battery to the alternator.

Do it yourself and save some cash.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

i would agree, save the money and do it yourself. unless you are already planning to, in that case, i will bugger off.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:12 AM

Yeah, will be doing it myself. What gauge cable would you guys recommend? The good thing is it had a new alternator last year and the battery is only a couple of years old so the charging system is in decent condition.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Starting Member

I did my one's in 10mm.
I just got a metre length of 10mm twin and earth and stripped out the copper earth and used the Pos and neg. The whole job cost me £2.00 for the 6 connectors.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Tajohns34 is on a distinguished road

I did my big 3 this summer. I would recommend getting a DR44G or an AD244 alternator upgrade. That was a huge help, I went from around 11.5 volts with my e-fans on to about 14 with them on.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:04 AM

I grabbed a couple of hours out in the garage yesterday and made a start on my light bar. Its made out of some angle and some box section steel and designed to bolt up to the factory roof rails using some captive nuts I will make. (two per side.) makes it totally reversible and fairly low profile. Got everything cut out and drilled and prepped to weld up. Just need to make a tab to weld on the back of it so i can put a CB antenna up there too and then weld it together. Then a coat of paint and sort the electrics out.

I need to find someone local to me with a tubing bender so I can make something for the front bumper for my pair of big Hellas.

Last edited by Lippyp; 02-09-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:43 AM

This is how the light bar lookks at the minute, all ready to weld up.

Attached Thumbnails A thoroughly British Blazer Build-lightbar1_zps861c7f70.jpg  
Old 02-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Lippyp
This is how the light bar lookks at the minute, all ready to weld up.

Looking good but how are you going to fix it to the roof rack so that it doesn't lift in the wind?

Old 02-12-2014, 03:13 AM

I'm going to make some captive nuts by welding them to a steel plate the right size to slip into the roof rail, two 8mm bolts per side should stop the bar twisting or lifting. Does mean I need to take the roof rails apart at one end to get the nuts in but it also means its totally reversible should I sell it. Bolts will be loctited in. The lights are also pretty small so its not like whacking four dinner plate sized spots up there so wind resistance will be fairly low.

The lights are Hella FF75's like the ones on this nissan which was my inspiration.

Attached Thumbnails A thoroughly British Blazer Build-3821131015_e9fe256af8_b.jpg   A thoroughly British Blazer Build-3821149137_30ba22c0c7_o.jpg  

Quick Reply: A thoroughly British Blazer Build