Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Torbinator's Cheap Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 02:08 PM
Starting Member
Torbinator is on a distinguished road

Couple things are ready to go on the Jimmy.

Got a few blazer front end parts that need painting before they go on. Also got a spare tire carrier which ill need to figure out how thatll work. DonL's thread looks like a good place to start. Also got a free lightbar from a friend lol

Aftermarket tail lights were put on yesterday. I really like them. The old ones were cracked and could hardly see the brakes in the daytime.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:22 PM
Starting Member

Hmmm... Those LTFT. Short keeps jumping between -1.6 to 0.8 so im s ure those are fine. But both LTFT jump between 9 and 13. O2 sensors are showing voltage at 0.1-0.2 at idle. This is all readings at idle.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:36 AM
Starting Member

Was gonna do fuel pump today since last time I did a fuel pressure test it dropped like 15psi in 10 minutes but today its holding pressure fine. Guess I mightve not tightened it down all the way when I tested? But the fuel pressure whenever you do a small rev it goes up slightly then falls slightly. When you hit it hard it starts going up then falls below what it was before you hit it. Also when you remove the fuel pressure regulator hose the psi goes uo by like 2 then starts shaking the needle like crazy up and down 3~ psi.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:58 PM
Starting Member

Missing Chevy Emblem (Gonna wrap it) and it isnt fully aligned/bolted together yet but its together and personally think it looks great. Opinions? Jimmy is now a Blazer

Old 07-05-2020, 03:34 PM
Jimmybuild is on a distinguished road

Glad you got it to fit. Looks pretty good

Old 07-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Starting Member

So...... I didnt get to test the headlights til this morning but the passenger headlight low beam does not work at all! The halo works and the high beam ect, but the low beam WILL NOT WORK. Ive checked fuses and all. Even tried plugging passenger headlight onto the driver side and it still didnt work. Very sad... Trying to see if its possible to open up these spyder headlights. The website says the low beam bulb is a H1 bulb, but its behind a boot and many screws that scare me that it isnt a replacement you can do but I guess its something ill have to try seen as I sorta need low beams lol

If that is the case im tempted to try and swap them with LEDs. The headlight glass does get fairly hot on the driver side with the headlight on.

The bulb did not burn out due to condensation! I have had water poured on it with no signs of water entering the headlights. It just never worked... Period... Just sorta ranting here a little bit since im a little pissed about it but also happy if its a bulb I can replace.

It was $80 for them. Nothing compared to the normal $216 price tag but $80 is a full work day at Wendys

Old 07-09-2020, 10:55 PM
Starting Member

Been loving this Blazer front end! Why didn't I do this sooner?

The last bit of damage from the previous owner is covered up now (Bumper was cracked)
Now time to fix other smaller issues... The whole trunk panel is screwed up. I have all the pieces but its all over the place from the previous owner trying to fix it.
The rear has never popped open for me, you gotta go to the back and pull the 2 metal bars inwards to let the gate down after you open the glass with the little lever.
Also doors all need the little pin thingys. Tired of driving down a gravel driveway and just hearing a constant rattle... Last but not least I think my shocks are shot. I hit
these little bumps in the road and I get a lot of rear end vibration. If you hold the roof rack and shack it side to side the truck will sway about 5 times before finally stopping.

Still keeping my eye out for a manual 5speed 4x4 Blazer or S10. Really wanting a truck I can lift and go offroad with instead of driving a crappy RWD

Old 07-10-2020, 07:48 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Looking good, definitely sounds like you need shocks lol

Old 07-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Beginning Member
lilqueasy is on a distinguished road

That's a good lookin' Jevvy/Chevrolimmy

Old 07-16-2020, 10:09 AM
MacroMachine is on a distinguished road

Nice, build. Great write up, I followed every word.

Quick Reply: Torbinator's Cheap Jimmy