Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Torbinator's Cheap Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 05:52 PM
Starting Member
Torbinator is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 03jawja
same ones i have they are great.
Great brake lights! Honestly they look amazing. Just never put a halogen in like I did. Melted off the tabs that held the reflectors in. I liked them so much that ill probably buy another set even though these are only a month old and nearly started a fire 😂

One thing ive been thinking of regarding rear brake lights. I saw a Blazer on youtube awhile ago that had LEDs inside the rear window trim of his 2dr inside the two holes on each side. They lit up whenever brakes were pressed. Wondering how he got those in there. Id like to do the same!

Old 08-05-2020, 09:50 PM
Starting Member

Lovin' the new gauge face I got on. Not a big fan of it in the daytime but wow it looks great at night. Any opinions? $40 and a little bit of time. Fuse tapped into the illum fuse in the interior box so it dims with everything with the scroll wheel.

Old 08-06-2020, 09:11 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Torbinator
If you dont mind me asking, why the swap? There seems to be so many mixed opinions on efans in the Blazers that its hard to tell if its worth it or not... What do you benefit from the swap? More engine power? Better cooling?
I like electric fans because I spend most of my time driving at very slow speeds in warm weather, and the electric fans cool very well under those conditions, especially with the air conditioning on. I also have a 2-inch body lift and it's nice to not have to mess with the fan shroud.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Tom A
I like electric fans because I spend most of my time driving at very slow speeds in warm weather, and the electric fans cool very well under those conditions, especially with the air conditioning on. I also have a 2-inch body lift and it's nice to not have to mess with the fan shroud.
how much are body lifts for the 2nd gens? My front tires are rubbing. Need a lift to get the body off of them. The front just sags and its a 2wd...

Old 08-06-2020, 10:55 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Torbinator
how much are body lifts for the 2nd gens? My front tires are rubbing. Need a lift to get the body off of them. The front just sags and its a 2wd...
The Performance Accessories PA152 is a little over 200 bucks.

Since I didn't need any of the bumper brackets or other stuff (I built my own bumpers, run electric fans, and have no problem fabricating any other parts I might need), I saved a few bucks by making my own "kit" . I bought just the blocks from Zone Offroad and obtained the bolts locally. If your Blazer is relatively stock, though, I think you'd be better off buying the kit.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:32 PM
Starting Member

Well... So I noticed today my oil pressure wasnt at normal operation. Normally at idle its around the half way mark, now its at the quarter mark. WOT is usually 3/4ths, now its a little over the quarter tick. Checked the oil and it doesnt register on the dip stick. Oil change was like 3k-4k miles ago. And all of a sudden no coolant as well. Its held coolant well since the head gasket change, i checked it few weeks ago and was still perfect. All of a sudden its empty but the truck still holds right under 210. The no oil has me worried... Gonna do an oil change and see how quickly it disappears. Hopefully all is well...

Old 08-08-2020, 05:15 PM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

how often do you check your oil?

Old 08-08-2020, 06:12 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Billy1820
how often do you check your oil?
Apparently not enough. I of course check it every 5k miles for oil changes. Its very rare for me to check it otherwise but of course I noticed a change in oil pressure from today and yesterday and a random pop whenever I start my engine. Dunno what the pop is coming from. Thought it was the steering wheel but it must be something else.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:15 PM
Starting Member

Hopefully I didn't bust anything. I have the 5 speed so I regularly let it go up to 4k rpms and then shift which my shifts are smooth and I do it after its warmed up but maybe these engines are weaker than I thought? Or its something else...

Old 08-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Starting Member

Hopefully I didn't bust anything. I have the 5 speed so I regularly let it go up to 4k rpms and then shift which my shifts are smooth and I do it after its warmed up but maybe these engines are weaker than I thought? Or its something else...
Only 122k miles....

Quick Reply: Torbinator's Cheap Jimmy