Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do you guys think?

Until I I am able to buy the lights I want and the winch I think I am done with the bumper. I thought I would throw up a couple pics to get your guys opinion on it. Oh and does anyone have a suggestion on what lights to use?

Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

nice did you make that bumper yourself? it looks a little plain in the front. maybe put 2 tow brackets on it and maybe a winch or some lights. I love the idea thou. one day when I get a welder I want to make one of my own. as lights go I'd say get some KC's if you have the money they are great lights. if you are a little short on money there are KC look alikes that are almost the same thing at advanced auto for $18 a light

Old 04-26-2010, 03:29 PM

Yeah I made it myself... I am planning on putting a winch behind the bumper and then have the lead come right through the middle of the bumper. As far as lights go I was thinking maybe i would use 4inch lights and recess them into the bumper about an inch or so. Ill check out autozone for some knockoffs first then go with the kc's if the knock offs look to cheap.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:33 PM
BF Veteran

well the ones at advance are 6" lights idk if you wanted to go that big. they are made of metal and glass and almost identical to KC's. if your are looking for 4" lights try looking at hella lights they aren't too bad in price

Old 04-26-2010, 04:57 PM

Ill check em out. The main thing that I am worried about is making sure the light can be recessed in. I dont want it sticking out pass the bumper.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran

nothing a little fabricating can't fix

Old 04-26-2010, 05:07 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

That is an amazing looking bumper! Maybe some recovery points located in-line with the outside corners of the grill but along the center line of the bumper. I personally run Hella lights. Affordable and slim-line, so should be easy to recess in the bumper with plenty of room. However, they are 6" lights. My local Wal-Mart carries them for $60/set.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:11 PM

By recovery points do you mean like d-rings oir something of that nature? I have two 5"d-rings I was gonna weld on but ended up not doing it.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:18 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Yeah, that's what I meant. Maybe just to hook the winch line in for a bouble line pull. Worked great on the bumper that I built for one of my old trucks.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Starting Member
dougg01 is on a distinguished road

Looks good. How about a breakdown of how you did it, materials used, how much time and $$$ are in it.... Please. I am thinking on making my own for the rear, but have some plans for a bar in front while keeping the factory bumper cover (with major trimming) on my jimmy.

Like the truck. Had if offroad yet or is that not its purpose...? Got any shots of the suspension setup and such...? How's that trailmaster lift handle...?

Quick Reply: what do you guys think?