Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:12 PM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used sheet metal to fab it up. I think like 10 gauge or something like that. As far as how much and how long it took I couldnt really say. I can say that it seemed as if I was never going to finish it and the cost was up there if you add in all the welding wire, grinding wheels, cutoff wheels, sawzall blades, body filler, sand paper, primer and paint. I easily spent over 3 to 4 hundred bucks and I still need to buy lights for it and the winch and all accessories. Still in the long run its better than spending 3 thousand on some of the other bumper companies out there.

I havent had the truck out yet. I drive it occassionally but no trail trips yet.It will definatley be 4x4 ready very soon. I have been building this thing for over a year just buying things slowly as I can. Some day I may do a solid axle swap but for now IFS is how its gonna stay. I have replaced most of the bushings etc. I used grade 8 bolts on everything in the suspension. The tranny has been rebuilt. The truck is so close to being my weekend toy I can taste it. I just need 2 o2 sensors a water pump and possibly a radiator and it will be road worthy. I will keep putting pics up as I accomplish more on it.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:44 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I like the truck and I like the bumper. I agree with it needing some recovery points but now that it is on you can see which spots look best to install them. Also, I believe that when you have a winch and you run a cable you kind of have to hook the cable to hard point to keep some tension on it. You have to give props to people with skill to fab up stuff like that,good for you.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:49 PM

thanks for the props... I think I will definatly weld on some drings when I get the lights since I will have to cut into the bumper anyways to install them. I may even wait to install the lights until I can afford to buy the winch as well, that way I can get it all done at the same time. As always I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 PM
1990blazer is on a distinguished road

I think it looks great...and forsure throw some d-rings on it. I too would like a breakdown of the bumper!!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:30 PM

I wish I could help you guys but I pretty much just built it by eye, I didnt keep any records of the measurments and I didnt take any pics of the process really that would help you in making your own. I have been a fabricator since I was like 16 and now I am 28 so it just kinda comes natural I guess. Besides if I went around telling everyone how to make it then mine wouldnt be original anymore and I would have to make a new one.......LOL

Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Starting Member
trueconspiracy is on a distinguished road

whats up man, I just got a 98 4x4 blazer and started checkin out sites and pics and came across your ride. i want to maybe get a similar suspension setup as you and noticed you live here in bako. did you get the lift installed or do it yourself? any info would be great. thanx

Old 05-18-2010, 11:04 AM
ariocarpus is on a distinguished road

I love it. I'm looking at buying new wheels and tires right now and the wheels you have are what were suggested to me by multiple places. Are those the 15"? What size are the tires? Looks great.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 PM

to trueconspiracy: I installed the lift myself in my garage.

To ariocarpus: like it says in my signature they are 15x10" rims and 33x12.5 tires.... Thanks for the props on my blazer bro....One day I will get it finished...LOL