Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

Work in Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Chenzo is on a distinguished road
Default Work in Progress

As requested, this is a build of my first car, a 92 s10 blazer 4x4. ive put a 3 inch body lift on it and started sanding today. will update as visible progress occurs

also how do i put pictures so they are big like in other threads? i just see the attachments icon at the top.

Attached Thumbnails Work in Progress-sany0057.jpg   Work in Progress-sany0060.jpg  
Old 07-30-2010, 09:36 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Cool another 1st gen. I hope you go into detail if you are into that bodywork, I will be undertaking that job on my rig someday too. Ill be watching this thread, check mine out too Im kinda doing it backwards - interior, undercarriage, exterior.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:39 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

To put big pictures you have to click on "insert image" but you have to have your picture hosted to a website like photo bucket.

What color are you planning on painting it?

Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM

If you are planning on doing it all yourself like this just a heads up; the paint is really thin. im not sure if all are like mine but when i just touched the sander to it in some places it as stripped to bare metal. i stopped to look because you can see the layers. very thin. my dad said this was around the time that chevy was going through a painting process reform so... just a heads up. im not too into body work but i like to learn things so that why im doing it. plus its a lot cheaper. we did my sister '73 super beetle so i have an idea odf what to do. ill be sure to include all the details i can for ya.

i plan on painting it black but we havnt gotten the paint yet. the interior is that deep red (or light maroon) so i figure black would go well with it and i wont have to worry about the inside of the doors that are maroon.
also; thanks for the tip about photobucket- ill look into it

Old 09-12-2010, 01:08 AM

Haven't updated in a while. Got all the sanding and body work done and got the pain. Going to spray it soon also been looking at rims and such. Probably going to get soft 8s. Will get pictures of all the body work tomorrow. I read somewhere that if you go any bigger than 30" for tires the bearings and such start to wear it fast. Anyone had this problem? Will get pics up tomorrow after homework and chores.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:25 PM

its officially black. and i have all of the photos on photobucket. sanding, primer, black and clear. =) now just need to work out all the minor issues and then i can start customizing. im planing on getting black soft 8's and putting 30" tires on. havnt decided on tires yet. i want the mudder look but need it to hold up on road cuz this is a daily driver too.. want to get a brush guard or grille guard of some sort. and need to decide on light bar on the front or the top. im leaning towards the top. anyone has any ideas or suggestion, question comments, remarks, etc glad to hear em =)

Link to the rest of the pics: http://s848.photobucket.com/albums/ab42/chenzo34/

Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Very nice! Lights on the roof and a brush guard will look awesome on there!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:53 PM

decided to not go with the soft 8's and go with more chrome/ black instead of blacking things out.. i think these would look good on it

*EDIT* i just looked at the back spacing.. its -6.00mm.. i was told by the tire place to get positive with offset.. any suggestions?

Last edited by Chenzo; 10-07-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 PM

got busy with school and couldnt keep up with this. heres an update: got my rims and tires on, everything fixed, soundsystem. and a vu-meter.

rims: ion series 171
tires: 30" bfg
sound system:
-(2) rockford fosgate p2 svc
- rockford fosgate punch 4x6 for the dash speakers
-polk audio 6.5 for the rear doors
-800watt SSL 4 channel amp
-Pioneer DEH-1300MP

will post pictures pretty soon.. looking into a PA system and deeper sounding muffler. would love suggestions questions or comments =)

Old 02-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

I got a flowmaster 40 series delta flow. It sounds great to me... Although looking back on it now I'd probably go with the super 40 instead of the delta flow.

Quick Reply: Work in Progress