The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Getting into Photoshopping

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Getting into Photoshopping

Just see Photobucket bandwidth limit exceeded...

You guys with your 8Mb animated gif sig files may want to consider getting that thing down to 100kb or lower! You'll chew through your bandwidth in no time for sure with a sig image that large!

Old 01-28-2008, 06:48 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Euro, 235KB is the best I could do without making it flash back and forth like a two-bit carnival ride.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Don't worry about it. I'm using my other photobucket account as of now. Anyone whose signature I made that has the badwidth exceeded thing on it can PM me and I'll give you a new link to it!

Old 01-29-2008, 01:33 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: swartlkk
You guys with your 8Mb animated gif sig files may want to consider getting that thing down to 100kb or lower!
I was talking more about keeping the size down for this forum. Ran into the same thing with JHarper's sig on GP Forum, had to cut it down to under 500KB from 5MB.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My comment wasn't directed at you specifically. If you can find a host to serve those file sizes thousands of times a day without a problem, go for it. But as Euro found out, it doesn't take long to eat up the free bandwidth available through photobucket. The displayed file size is everything when it comes to your bandwidth. That is why I won't display a full resolution image, but rather just show the automatic thumbnail image and link to the full res shot. Then when the page loads, it not only loads faster, but it doesn't chew into my bandwidth whenever someone visits the post again to just see who has replied. To attach a large signature image to each post is a surefire way to chewing through all of your alotted bandwidth in short order. As is hosting sig images for other people. Photobucket is free, just have everyone sign up for their own account to host their files...

Old 01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
BF Veteran

I see wht you mean about chewing through it. I have it on the Chevrolet forum and the Blazer Forum and so far I've used up 28% on the new account. I'm switching to the smaller file...

Old 01-29-2008, 08:39 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

The black stripe has been on the truck since June.
o ok i didnt realize it, i thought it was your trim, i had not really looked closely, looks pretty cool

Old 01-30-2008, 08:14 AM
BF Veteran

Yeah. Its alright. Its like a tattoo... I can add to it when I want. I'm gonna put a little fin or wave at the front so it doesn't just look like a single stripe.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

i did some photoshopping myself, just got a new program, i did the window tint on my blazer, this is the first photoshopped pic ive done, dont bash on me to much, tell me what you think lol.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran

looks alright to me.... I would have highlighted the area and used my blur and brightness tools.

Quick Reply: Getting into Photoshopping