The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

New Decal

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 06:49 AM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New Decal

here the one i made that i want to get made https://blazerforum.com/photo.asp?ph...=6&apage=1

jimmyboy

Old 05-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: Idriveachevy

photoshop has crappy fonts, but its something different.
It's not Photoshop that has crappy fonts, it is the fonts on a computer that dictate what fonts are in Photoshop, not the program dictating what fonts it uses.

Adecal should be designed as a vector file, not a raster file as created in PS. You should be using Illustrator or Corel Draw to design decals. Photoshop limits upsizing your file to a 100% chance of pixellation and poor quality. The only way you can resize with a raster file is down without ruining the image quality. A decal created in PS would only have to be redrawn as a vector file by the decal shop cutting the vinyl, which would add on $$ to your price. If you guys design in PS and decide on a design , I can redraw it properly for you in Illy to clean it up. A PS file will ALWAYS have to be cleaned up.

A great font site for anyone wanting to update their font files on their computers:

http://www.dafont.com

Old 05-15-2008, 02:32 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow this is what I was hoping for. I really like otnietdehoooo's with the outline of a blazer. If we could get the edges cleaned up I would def rock that one.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:57 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

x2

jimmyboy I like that NC one too..I'd probably go for it without the colors..I like the white outlines on the black windows

Old 05-15-2008, 03:37 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i may check this weekend with a printer in town to see if they can print decals

jimmyboy

Old 05-15-2008, 05:46 PM

This is an image that otnietdehoooo posted earlier in this post, I took some time and cleaned up the edges to make it a little sharper. I only did this because I am really thinking about using this one.I hope thatno one is mad that I did this. http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...lack/decal.jpg

Old 05-15-2008, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

That looks GREAT!

I've been redoing it over and over all day with 2drs and 4drs. How did you make the lines so much smoother? The one I originally posted was hand traced and wasn't that good.

Maybe m00nwater can make it better. I think I understand what she meant about not using PS to make logo's, no matter what I did to it, it was always jagged/pixelated.

If anyone wants the .PSD file I drew mine in, I can upload that so anyone with PS can edit/alter it...

Old 05-15-2008, 06:12 PM

I used a paint type program and spent lots of time changing bodylines to get them not boxy on full zoom. (sick from work not much else to do) Do you have any with a 2 door?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:18 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I made my own from vinyl deacl paper from AC.MOORE craft store.. hasnt faded or anything yet... I beleive the pics are in myphoto gallery if not i`ll try and get sum good ones to post..

Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

That looks GREAT!

I've been redoing it over and over all day with 2drs and 4drs. How did you make the lines so much smoother? The one I originally posted was hand traced and wasn't that good.

Maybe m00nwater can make it better. I think I understand what she meant about not using PS to make logo's, no matter what I did to it, it was always jagged/pixelated.

If anyone wants the .PSD file I drew mine in, I can upload that so anyone with PS can edit/alter it...
You guys are doing great. Whatever you guys want cleaned up to have nice smooth lines and a file that will be camera ready for the printer, just let me know and I'll draw them up in Illy. If you look at my latest avatar, I drew that in Illustrator for my co-ed lacrosse team. You wouldn't be able to get those results in PS because it's not a drawing program. For not being trained in design you guys are doing well just by looking at what you do in the weekly contests.

Quick Reply: New Decal