The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Photography Contest #1

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future
Arrow Photography Contest #1

Alright, here we go with the first round of the photography contest.

It's going to be bi-weekly. It will run from Thursday to the next Thursday, and then the voting will run to the Thursday after that. For example, the first contest will run as follows:
Entries: Thurs Nov 5 - Thurs Nov 12
Voting: Thurs Nov 12 - Thurs Nov 19

On the 19th, the winner of this round of the contest will then pick a new category/theme for that weeks contest. If the winner does not pick a category by the Friday after they have won (ie the next day) then I will choose one to post up. That way we can be sure to keep the contest in order and moving.
Voting will be done by way of poll up to 10 entries. Should we receive more then 10 entries (which I imagine we will) then voting will be done by way of thread (ie you post up which one you vote for). You will only be allowed to vote for ONE photo.

RULES AND REGULATIONS:

There aren't many rules to this contest. Just a few basic ones:

-The photo's MUST be your own work. They must have been taken by you at some point in your life. They can be as old or as new as you want, as long as they belong to you.
-Photoshopping will be allowed. With that being said, by photoshopping I mean MINOR color/contrast tweaks and cropping. It will be hard to police this, so we have to leave it open. It will be fairly obvious though if you do some major photoshopping, so please leave it to just minor tweaking.
-Your photo MUST fall within the category of that weeks contest. Any random or out of place entries will be deleted.

A reminder that your entry does not have to contain your truck/vehicle (unless specified). This contest is to see some other photography other then our trucks which we see on a daily basis.

With all that being covered let's get started. The first category for photography (being that we're in the season) is going to be:

FALL COLORS
Note: For this week the photo must NOT include your vehicle in anyway.

So...let's see what you got

Last edited by Sisk; 11-05-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Taken at the Pennsylvania Welcome Center.
Details:
Camera Model: Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Date/Time: 2009:10:09 14:27:41
Focal Length: 18.0mm
CCD Width: 22.71mm
Exposure Time: 0.013 s (1/80)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO Equiv.: 100
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Stock 18-85mm IS lens. Nothing special.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

WOW....Nice shot Kyle. Beautiful landscape.

And looks like I'm going to have to go out with my Camera this weekend lol. I thought I had some old Fall shots without my truck...but I can't find them . I can't even enter my own category right now LOL

Last edited by Sisk; 11-05-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Here is one, I was going to use one of my fiancee... but idk if she would get mad... good luck to all

fml... i chose the wrong photo.....

Here is one of me burning some of the Ex's stuff during a fall..

Attached Thumbnails Photography Contest #1-dsc_0027.jpg  

Last edited by wlorton; 11-05-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wish it wasn't as hazy that day, but yeah, I had to stop and take a picture! Plus, the kids needed a pit-stop.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:40 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nice shot either way... I'm pretty sure I have some from my hunting trip, I'll post up when I get home, I have a nice one of the Swamp I was on a watch for Moose on... big hillside in the background.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the Neuschwanstein Castle in the Bavarian area of Germany. It was taken while I was on vacation with my family when I was stationed in Germany. This castle is the actual castle that inspired Walt Disney's "Cinderella's Castle." I didn't even notice the jet contrail until I uploaded it onto my computer.

Last edited by Yooper; 11-06-2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Putting in full size pic
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Nice hill side shot, swartlkk. Very relaxing.
That fire came out very clearly wlorton. I'm impressed!
I'll take a stab at this later in the after noon... I don't get a lot color changing leaves round these parts (lots of evergreen though...) I'll see what I can pull off.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Nice hill side shot, swartlkk. Very relaxing.
That fire came out very clearly wlorton. I'm impressed!
I'll take a stab at this later in the after noon... I don't get a lot color changing leaves round these parts (lots of evergreen though...) I'll see what I can pull off.
They have some nice landscapes... and dont think that was the only picture of the fire i have... I think i took about 50 shots and reduced it to 24 decent ones... lol

Old 11-05-2009, 02:23 PM
BF Veteran

lorton...as much as your pic made me laugh I'm not sure it really fits into the Fall colors theme. Yes, it's orange, but I was thinking more along the lines of fall leaves. Not fire. .

Quick Reply: Photography Contest #1