The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Photography Contest 7

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Sorry guys....but it's gotta be within the category for this week. That category is beaches/oceans only. No lakes. No rivers.
If you want we can change the category to "bodies of water" or something of the like. It's up to you guys.
That would be nice for the people that don't have as much accessibility to beaches and oceans but whatever everyone else thinks is ok, I might be able to find another picture that's fits

Old 02-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Beginning Member
whitejimmy is on a distinguished road

I think almost any body of water could qualify. "A beach is a geological landform along the shoreline of a body of water. It usually consists of loose particles which are often composed of rock, such as sand, gravel, shingle, pebbles, or cobblestones. The particles of which the beach is composed can sometimes instead have biological origins, such as shell fragments or coralline algae fragments." According to Wikipedia. So most shorelines would be fitting. Just my . It would also allow for a handful more photos to be included. I know I have seen beaches that are "beaches" but, wouldn't even want to go near the water.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i'm with that guy! ^^^

Old 02-28-2010, 10:14 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Ugh, I don't have any beach pictures. I'm a disgrace to Floridians! lol
Actually, I think I have some beach pictures on my other laptop, but that one quit working last year.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:38 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by whitejimmy
I think almost any body of water could qualify. "A beach is a geological landform along the shoreline of a body of water. It usually consists of loose particles which are often composed of rock, such as sand, gravel, shingle, pebbles, or cobblestones. The particles of which the beach is composed can sometimes instead have biological origins, such as shell fragments or coralline algae fragments." According to Wikipedia. So most shorelines would be fitting. Just my . It would also allow for a handful more photos to be included. I know I have seen beaches that are "beaches" but, wouldn't even want to go near the water.
I think we are going for the traditional sense of the words. Ocean... beach... it brings to mind palm trees, sand, sea birds, etc. Lets clear this up so we are all on the same page.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:51 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i think the category is clear in that ocean beaches/ocean pics were intended. i also agree that a "beach" is any shore along a body of water that is not simply a bank. it must be 'beach-like' in it's slope and composition... hope that clears up my thoughts a bit

Old 03-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Beginning Member
whitejimmy is on a distinguished road

I agree with ABN31B. The category is fairly clear. I know I stated a fact about beaches, but we all know what a beach really is. If someone submits something that isn't quite in the category it should be up to the judge to determine if it really fits. I had other photos I thought about submitting ie: underwater stuff, seagulls, boats, and even fish. It's a category that has many options. I chose something that fit the category in my own opinion. Other opinions may vary. I also plan on voting to what I feel the category is suppose to mean. In reality a river is not a beach unless there is a defined area that looks like a "beach". Just my opinion. Again...Opinions Vary.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:00 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

A beach to me is a sandy shore...on the ocean. I'd also accept a beach on a lake though. The river shot had no beach in it, or any ocean in it. So am I going to change the category to "bodies of water?". I'm really indifferent..I have options for entries for both categories.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
A beach to me is a sandy shore...on the ocean. I'd also accept a beach on a lake though. The river shot had no beach in it, or any ocean in it. So am I going to change the category to "bodies of water?". I'm really indifferent..I have options for entries for both categories.
The window was all clean... then you came along and made it clear as mud again!
I am going to stick with the traditional thought on this theme and enter a beach/ocean photo.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I might have some nice "Bodies of water" photos. I'll see when I get home.

Quick Reply: Photography Contest 7