The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Photography contest #9 Voting

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Glad to see this back Sorry I couldn't enter it. I have some good ones. Anyway...my votes are (in no particular order):

'96-Dirty4x4 (looks a bit photoshopped though?)
cbr995
ExtreemeBlazer

Old 06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
Glad to see this back Sorry I couldn't enter it. I have some good ones. Anyway...my votes are (in no particular order):

'96-Dirty4x4 (looks a bit photoshopped though?)
cbr995
ExtreemeBlazer
I only adjusted the color balance, and enhanced the contrast, clarity, and saturation. Sharpened it a bit as well. If that disqualifies my entry, I'll get you guys the original.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Beginning Member
CTYankee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by '96-Dirty4x4
I only adjusted the color balance, and enhanced the contrast, clarity, and saturation. Sharpened it a bit as well. If that disqualifies my entry, I'll get you guys the original.
Not my contest, but as an entrant: Those are just normal adjustments that need to be made to many digital photos. Digital imagary isn't quite as complete as an old film or slide image; color saturation,contrast, most of the color channels, etc. need to be adjusted to some degree. Possibly the op doesn't want to see massive color masking, dodge/burns, complete chromatic channel correction; but more along the lines of 'candid" shots? Just hitting "quick fix" in your editing software should be alright.

Love these kinda contests though, have tons of photos and rarely get to display them for others!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:20 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I don't see adjusting colour being that major either.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:38 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

If you look at the rules regarding this, Minor changes are accepted. Including saturation, and color balance, etc. etc.
I personally have no problem with it, but it's really up to the discretion of the contest moderator.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Oktain
CTYankee
Cbr995

Lots of really good entries! Good to see these contests rolling again.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Bump for more votes!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:27 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i'm going with..........

cbr995
oktain
ExtreemeBlazer

hard choice for top pic (but i think perspective won, IMO)

where was that pier shot taken, Matt?

Old 07-03-2010, 06:34 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Sebastian, Florida. The dock was owned by the condo we were staying at.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:01 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Matt. looks like i was a nice place.

Quick Reply: Photography contest #9 Voting